• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why can't I get any help. Am I asking the wrong questions

bunnylover4

Warren Scout
So I have posted in behaviour & bonding but other than one answer nobody is answering my questions :cry:
I don't know if I am not explaining things properly or what but either way I am now searching google for answers . Only problem is one bit of advice says keep them together and let them sort it out and another says only allow short periods together.... it's so confusing.

I hope someone can help me or tell me who to contact . Feeling very :roll:

Hi there :wave:

Sorry you haven't had more replies, I'll go and have a read, I'm not as knowledgeable as some on here though. I have noticed some of the threads being a little quieter lately and some previously regular posters haven't been around, so that's perhaps why you haven't had more help x

Yes in a way you are asking the wrong questions as its about bonding which is always a difficult one to judge if you're not there & opinion & experience is more varied than on any other subject (I suspect). Bonding is a lonely business though at times & we need support then so I'm sorry replies are far& few between. Its definitely not personal. Your googling reflects the diversity of opinion on bonding - it is confusing. You have to find a way & a style that suits you, the bunnies, your day to day commitments. I'm impatient so they get a compatibility date then shoved in together on the first day

Thank you for that :) . That does explain things well. I think I was just panicking because I am mid bond. I now realise I should of given this more thought and posted before starting the process.
I do appreciate any advice I get it's just hard when even locally (rescues, vets etc) nobody seems to know what is best. I guess all bunnies are different.

Yes in a way you are asking the wrong questions as its about bonding which is always a difficult one to judge if you're not there & opinion & experience is more varied than on any other subject (I suspect). Bonding is a lonely business though at times & we need support then so I'm sorry replies are far& few between. Its definitely not personal. Your googling reflects the diversity of opinion on bonding - it is confusing. You have to find a way & a style that suits you, the bunnies, your day to day commitments. I'm impatient so they get a compatibility date then shoved in together on the first day

Thanks :) I feel better knowing I am not the only one who finds this process a wee bit daunting lol. Today I decided to let them loose in the garden and so far so good. I think I will feel better when one mounts the other as I thought that was the bond maker or breaker . .... alex is nippy but yoshi is standing up for himself

I wouldn't worry too much about looking for mounting. I've seen bonds with it in and bonds without it, and some bonds go horribly wrong with it and some bonds go horribly wrong without it. It's just another behaviour to be aware of, but its not the be all and end all.

I wouldn't worry too much about looking for mounting. I've seen bonds with it in and bonds without it, and some bonds go horribly wrong with it and some bonds go horribly wrong without it. It's just another behaviour to be aware of, but its not the be all and end all.

i agree

Back