• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

All Change!

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
This time last week, I was in the middle of bonding little Niji in with Arce and Yuki. The new trio is acting like they have been together forever.

The past few days, Selene has been discovered the wrong side of the baby gate (usually with her head in guinea pig food.) We thought she'd been giving people the slip in the morning, and taking her chances that way. But noooooo.... Selene has actually learned how to clear the gate.

So Selene needs to go out. Unfortunately, Elphie cannot join her, so that means all change. This time last year, Elphie (doe), Helios (buck), Selene (doe), and Morningstar (doe) were a quad. Helios and Morning have never been the most peaceful of pairs, so I'm rebonding Helios to Selene, and Elphie to Morning.

Helios and Selene are acting like they've never been apart, but no grooming yet. Elphie and Morning meanwhile have had Elphie throwing her weight around. I wasn't too concerned as Elphie is hyper-dominant with any bun she meets. However, they have since calmed down and Morning has groomed Elphie.

Fingers crossed all stays calm.

Rabbits, who'd have 'em?!

I'm impressed with your bonding abilities - I'd lose the plot if I had to do it regularly. I hope things progress well

This time last week, I was in the middle of bonding little Niji in with Arce and Yuki. The new trio is acting like they have been together forever.

The past few days, Selene has been discovered the wrong side of the baby gate (usually with her head in guinea pig food.) We thought she'd been giving people the slip in the morning, and taking her chances that way. But noooooo.... Selene has actually learned how to clear the gate.

So Selene needs to go out. Unfortunately, Elphie cannot join her, so that means all change. This time last year, Elphie (doe), Helios (buck), Selene (doe), and Morningstar (doe) were a quad. Helios and Morning have never been the most peaceful of pairs, so I'm rebonding Helios to Selene, and Elphie to Morning.

Helios and Selene are acting like they've never been apart, but no grooming yet. Elphie and Morning meanwhile have had Elphie throwing her weight around. I wasn't too concerned as Elphie is hyper-dominant with any bun she meets. However, they have since calmed down and Morning has groomed Elphie.

Fingers crossed all stays calm.

Rabbits, who'd have 'em?!

You have the magic touch with bunnies :love:

Fingers crossed and good luck for all you wish to achieve xx

I'm impressed with your bonding abilities - I'd lose the plot if I had to do it regularly. I hope things progress well
I lost the plot a long time ago! And I always say that the rabbits do the hard work, not me!

Also I'm lucky that I've had bonds work this quickly. In this occasion, the original quad all got on well. However the natural split was the rexes and the two blue girls. Helios and Se haven't stopped eating, meanwhile Elphie and Morning are flopped together.

Oh gosh! I reckon you must feel there's something missing in your life if you haven't got rabbits to bond :lol: I hope everything remains calm.

You lot are too kind. :love:

As I almost expected, both these pairs now seem even happier than before. Even Morning, who is a grumpy so-and-so, has a new level of joyfulness at being reunited with Elphie. She always doted on her. And hyper-dominant Elphie just groomed Morning. (Elphie NEVER groomed Selene.)

I'm glad Selene is doing so well, and well enough that I feel happy to let her live outside again. Still inside being monitored right now, but everyone is so calm. Happy, happy me. :)

You lot are too kind. :love:

As I almost expected, both these pairs now seem even happier than before. Even Morning, who is a grumpy so-and-so, has a new level of joyfulness at being reunited with Elphie. She always doted on her. And hyper-dominant Elphie just groomed Morning. (Elphie NEVER groomed Selene.)

I'm glad Selene is doing so well, and well enough that I feel happy to let her live outside again. Still inside being monitored right now, but everyone is so calm. Happy, happy me. :)

Awesome, hope it continues x

Back