• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timothy hay alternative?

Have yours not tried it yet?

Mine love it - really stalky and really oaty :D

I don't think they can have - I've only ever bought timothy hay & ings online. They love stalky

Can someone please send a link to their facebook page - I can't find it

I don't think they can have - I've only ever bought timothy hay & ings online. They love stalky

Can someone please send a link to their facebook page - I can't find it

Sorry, I'm not part of FB and I ordered mine yesterday from the website before it went out of stock again.

It has just arrived. WOW :D All three rabbits have woken themselves up out of their morning-afternoon sleep and are furiously munching it. It is wonderful :D

Sorry, I'm not part of FB and I ordered mine yesterday from the website before it went out of stock again.

It has just arrived. WOW :D All three rabbits have woken themselves up out of their morning-afternoon sleep and are furiously munching it. It is wonderful :D

Its wonderful seeing them so excited about their hay (maybe as it validates us getting so excited about it). I was half tempted to post a photo of the wonderful golden poos mine are producing after a binge on latest timothy - it makes me not want to forage

I'm excited for my oat hay to arrive now too! Mine absolutely love stalky hay so fingers crossed they will be loving the green oat hay 😁

Mine don't even recognise soft hay as a food source...won't even go anywhere near it 😆

It has just arrived. WOW :D All three rabbits have woken themselves up out of their morning-afternoon sleep and are furiously munching it.
It is wonderful :D

What a lovely picture :love:

This is still the 2016 lot of hay?

Green oat hay ordered :) They advised me they are adding stock as it is processed hence why out of stock one mo, in the next.

Get ordering folks - there is some in now

Green oat hay ordered :) They advised me they are adding stock as it is processed hence why out of stock one mo, in the next.

Get ordering folks - there is some in now

You see, this is what I don't understand. Where are they getting the "stock" from? However, it doesn't really matter , cos the oat hay is still just as popular this morning :D

I would actually love to visit them and see how they process their hay, from picking through to storing. Having attempted to make our own hay most years I just cannot understand how hay that must have been cut a year ago now can remain so wonderfully green.

this was my message from them Omi

Hi Louise, Will be listing some more Oat hay tonight or tomorrow am, will send a message prior to listing to allow you to buy before it is sold out again. At the moment we are just listing small batches at a time as we process them, hence the reason for it being in stock one minute and out of stock the next. Janice

this was my message from them Omi

Hi Louise, Will be listing some more Oat hay tonight or tomorrow am, will send a message prior to listing to allow you to buy before it is sold out again. At the moment we are just listing small batches at a time as we process them, hence the reason for it being in stock one minute and out of stock the next. Janice

Hmm, it doesn't make it much clearer for me. Particularly why has their processing method suddenly changed? Admittedly, my order was processed extremely speedily and I had an email to say it had been despatched probably less than two hours after I'd submitted the order, which is great. You would actually think though they'd be wanting to process all of their existing 2016 stock of both types of hay very quickly, in order to make room for the new 2017 hay, which they say will be available mid to late June. I can only think there, for one reason or another, is a delay in them being able to process large batches of hay at the moment and they don't want customers to have to wait too long between ordering and despatch. The trouble with this policy is that people needing hay will possibly go elsewhere.

I'm not sure either but I've been getting Green Oat from them since January even though it hasn't been available on the website until now :)

Back