Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Squidgy poos

Quote Originally Posted by HannahB View Post
    Any clue on how much to give? I'm guessing you can't overdose a probiotic though....?

There should be instructions on the pot.

http://www.vetark.co.uk/pages/Avipro-Plus_4.aspx

You can't overdose, though it would become expensive if you did

ETA

When using AVIPRO PLUS ‘in/on feed' use 1 generous pinch per kg of animal or bird for routine use, or a third of a flat teaspoon per 10kg of animal.

Young Bun

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    There should be instructions on the pot.

http://www.vetark.co.uk/pages/Avipro-Plus_4.aspx

You can't overdose, though it would become expensive if you did

ETA

When using AVIPRO PLUS ‘in/on feed' use 1 generous pinch per kg of animal or bird for routine use, or a third of a flat teaspoon per 10kg of animal.
    Hi all, we've been syringing probiotic into Harry as he flatly refused to drink water that was spiked (and in this weather, that ain't good). The squidgy poos are no more. Hurrah! Now need to try and get my big pasteurella-suffering lop on board with the idea of being syringe fed as she could definitely use some extra help, bless her. Thanks all for your help - brilliant as always xx

Quote Originally Posted by HannahB View Post
    Hi all, we've been syringing probiotic into Harry as he flatly refused to drink water that was spiked (and in this weather, that ain't good). The squidgy poos are no more. Hurrah! Now need to try and get my big pasteurella-suffering lop on board with the idea of being syringe fed as she could definitely use some extra help, bless her. Thanks all for your help - brilliant as always xx

Thanks so much Hannah

I'm glad to hear the probiotic has helped with Harry.

How does your lop need help?

Young Bun

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Thanks so much Hannah

I'm glad to hear the probiotic has helped with Harry.

How does your lop need help?
    My big floppy loppy is a pasteurella bun. When we rescued her she had a mad ear infection, the classic snuffly breathing and was covered in sebeacous cysts (we counted around 30 all over her body, that ranged from the size of a pin head to a pea). She initially had a long course of penicillin plus ear drops which she responded well to. As her lifestyle has balanced out and her diet is really good, all of the cysts have popped and she hasn't had any new ones since she arrived home which was about 8 months ago now. She does, however, seem quite prone to infection and has had a handful of flare ups in the time we've had her. Trinity vets don't want her on long term penicillin for obvious reasons so all we can do is give her the best defences to stay healthy. Along with a balanced diet and happy lifestyle, they suggested a probiotic might help. Molly doesn't agree

Mama Doe

I dont know if echinacea will be of any good to her. I have snuffle buns and as soon as i hear a sneeze or snuffle they get fed a A vogel echinaforce tablet for about 2 weeks. Touch wood we have not had a major flare up since starting the tablets. My buns take them like treats and beg for more.

Young Bun

Quote Originally Posted by willow and squiggles View Post
    I dont know if echinacea will be of any good to her. I have snuffle buns and as soon as i hear a sneeze or snuffle they get fed a A vogel echinaforce tablet for about 2 weeks. Touch wood we have not had a major flare up since starting the tablets. My buns take them like treats and beg for more.
    Ooooh! Worth trying for sure. Where can I get them?

There are loads of brands of echinacea - Vogel is a good brand

Also here:

https://www.baldwins.co.uk/baldwins-...-fluid-extract

You can get echinacea at all good 'health' food shops