• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boy trouble

Yes exactly! I am very much one of those people that likes to have a plan and be organised otherwise I feel a bit out of control.

Thank you so much [emoji1] xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're welcome :)

And I owe you a photo ;) I haven't forgotten!

Hi guys,

So we went to Rushden to have a chat with the bunny lady. We had a nice chat for an hour about the bunnies, how they were living, bonding so far the last 10 weeks and what we think is holding us back etc.

It was a very positive chat and she showed us two pairs she is cute bonding, one of which were supposed to go home today but they had a small lapse last night so she wanted to continue a bit longer to strengthen the bond - which I found encouraging.

She thinks like us, that leaving them with her might be the best step for us now as it will totally take them out of their comfort zone and hoped will change Luther’s perception of Truffle as a comfort. She has also bonded rabbits that were more aggressive than are to begin with, and she’s only ever had one failure (where the male had only been neutered for two weeks), which again I find very encouraging.

She’s more than happy to take them on, she has time off towards the end of the month and said then would be good, so I need to contact her around the 15th. Feeling positive though and a tad excited :)

Hehe yes MM I look forward to seeing your lovely bunnies! X

Hi guys,

So we went to Rushden to have a chat with the bunny lady. We had a nice chat for an hour about the bunnies, how they were living, bonding so far the last 10 weeks and what we think is holding us back etc.

It was a very positive chat and she showed us two pairs she is cute bonding, one of which were supposed to go home today but they had a small lapse last night so she wanted to continue a bit longer to strengthen the bond - which I found encouraging.

She thinks like us, that leaving them with her might be the best step for us now as it will totally take them out of their comfort zone and hoped will change Luther’s perception of Truffle as a comfort. She has also bonded rabbits that were more aggressive than are to begin with, and she’s only ever had one failure (where the male had only been neutered for two weeks), which again I find very encouraging.

She’s more than happy to take them on, she has time off towards the end of the month and said then would be good, so I need to contact her around the 15th. Feeling positive though and a tad excited :)

Hehe yes MM I look forward to seeing your lovely bunnies! X

Wow, what fantastic progress!

I bet you are so excited at the prospect of them getting together and also of letting someone take the strain.

Amazing, well done you xx

Wow, what fantastic progress!

I bet you are so excited at the prospect of them getting together and also of letting someone take the strain.

Amazing, well done you xx

It sounds terrible, but I really am! It’s like I said to the lady, we can try our method again with the best intentions but we don’t know what we are doing really and certainly aren’t hot on behaviour signals. I worry about how they will be emotionally not being home and not eating etc, but we can cross all that I guess.

It feels like a big step closer to being all together for Christmas :-D

Thank you so much for suggesting it and giving me a gentle nudge, without you I would never have revisited the idea <3 xx

It sounds terrible, but I really am! It’s like I said to the lady, we can try our method again with the best intentions but we don’t know what we are doing really and certainly aren’t hot on behaviour signals. I worry about how they will be emotionally not being home and not eating etc, but we can cross all that I guess.

It feels like a big step closer to being all together for Christmas :-D

Thank you so much for suggesting it and giving me a gentle nudge, without you I would never have revisited the idea <3 xx

I'm glad you're giving it a go and pleased to have helped :)

Thank you for all your support as well. I really valued your input :D

Just sending a few more vibes in advance of bonding, or bonding conversations :)

Aww thank you so much [emoji7]

I’m getting really excited and nervous especially after our emergency vet trip with Luther Sunday. I can’t wait for wed/thurs to see when it’s going to happen!

Thank you so much for your support I really appreciate it ❤️ xx

Back