Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: DEVASTATED advice needed asap

I'm so sorry W&S
    I can't offer anything other than what has already been said... just offering lots of hugs and as much support vibes I can send xx

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry for your loss :'(
    I had a scare last year when I lost one of my boys and then another of my buns got poorly a few days later. My vet had me rush him straight in where he was quarantined and tested but it turned out not to be RHD2. It was just a horrible coincidence.
    Keeping everything crossed that this is the same for you and that all of your buns remain healthy and safe.
    Xxx
    I'm fundraising for Rabbit Rescue North West

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/rrnw

Mama Doe

my vets have said monitor him and see. its bloody awful. he said they havnt got the vaccine in and before i panic wait and see. im looking up disinfectants now. is virkon s the best one

Warren Veteran

How happy are you with your vets normally? I don't want to increase your concerns, but if it were me I really would want Cosmo examined (I'm not sure how much they can test for RHD2) and I would search around for some vaccine.

I would be on the phone to other vets in the area. Good luck! X

So sorry sending lots of vibes and hugs. I would try to find RHD2 vaccine elsewhere if your vet can't do it today xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by willow and squiggles View Post
    my vets have said monitor him and see. its bloody awful. he said they havnt got the vaccine in and before i panic wait and see. im looking up disinfectants now. is virkon s the best one
    I would phone around other Vets, personally I would not be happy to just 'wait and see'.

Could you get to Rutland House, Molly Varga is fantastic

http://www.rutlandreferrals.com/exotics-referrals.html

I f your vet doesn't even stock the vaccine (sorry if this is blunt) then they are not likely to be taking the whole RHD issue seriously. Wait and see is not good advice for the situation.

My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

Mama Doe

Virkon is a good veterinary disinfectant. Comes in tablets, sachets or a big tub of powder. I have a big tub. Smells nice (slight lemon scent) and is pink. You can make up a solution and it keeps for a week. You can soak things in it, use it in the washing machine or as a spray.

As others have said, ring round and book in at another vet for the vaccinations. If yours hasn't got it in stock, what else can you do? Bit of a pain having to register everyone again, but the only option under the circumstances if you need them covered. I can see why your vet said wait and see what happens as it may well be something else - but that isn't much consolation if you are worried sick.

If you are in St Helens then ring Molly Varga like Jacks Jane suggested. That's who we saw when we had our scare and she rushed us straight in! She amazing She's in today too!