• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

DEVASTATED advice needed asap

Ive just been having a feel around at bellas back legs again because ive seen her licking. Ive just found a cut that has fully scabbed over. Could all this stasis and her not wanting to stand on her hind legs be caused by this cut. It looks about right for bleu to have bit the in side of her hind leg when shes been humping his head. This wound looks like its been done around tuesday/wednesday. It looks really clean and not very deep, but could it have been making her feel poorly. Ive just put some calendula & camomile cream on her and she groomed me for ages.

Sorry to hear this. It could've affected her wobbliness. I would say less so stasis, but not impossible. If the wound wasn't deep I doubt it would've put her off food, to be honest.

She obviously loves the way you care for her WS xx

aww, poor Bella. I've no advice but sending lots of vibes & sorry they are late, I haven't checked in for a bit xx

We now have lovely big round poop. I am so so happy i cant tell you how much. Is like a total transformation. Im staying up again tonight just to be sure she doesnt have a set back. Thanks for the replies, you have all been my sanity yet again. :love: im feeling blessed

We now have lovely big round poop. I am so so happy i cant tell you how much. Is like a total transformation. Im staying up again tonight just to be sure she doesnt have a set back. Thanks for the replies, you have all been my sanity yet again. :love: im feeling blessed

fab news. I bet Bella big poo is huge. I hope you get some sofa snoozing in & tomorrow you feel she is well enough to retreat to your bed

This is so good to hear :)

And I thought of you today when I cut my bunnies some of next door's rowan tree that's overhanging my fence. You were the first person to identify it for me - the buns say thank you :)

awww lol.. i remember that, they are welcome. I might go and pick some rowan myself tomorrow if bella is still ok. She had gone through so much forage.
Bellas and bleus poos are quite huge JB. Bella must be feeling better she has ventured upstairs after hubby. I followed after 10 mins and she was sat munching on hay looking pleased with herself. Bleu hasnt left her side while shes been poorly, he has stayed down here with her for 3 days and hasnt gone up the stairs once. He seen her go through the bun door and followed her up lol.. They came back after 15 mins though.

awww lol.. i remember that, they are welcome. I might go and pick some rowan myself tomorrow if bella is still ok. She had gone through so much forage.
Bellas and bleus poos are quite huge JB. Bella must be feeling better she has ventured upstairs after hubby. I followed after 10 mins and she was sat munching on hay looking pleased with herself. Bleu hasnt left her side while shes been poorly, he has stayed down here with her for 3 days and hasnt gone up the stairs once. He seen her go through the bun door and followed her up lol.. They came back after 15 mins though.

I like the way Bleu is protective of Bella. Strange he took a nip - if that's what happened? But he was probably stressed with the overall situation and took it out on her? (Bad day at the office type thing).

How are the rest of the crew? xx

And you WS. Are you getting enough sleep at all these days? xx

I will be able to go to bed tonight. Im just waiting for a video to upload of how better bells is feeling. The other buns are just perfect. I got some fibafirst, bella just picked but squiggles and co was all running round for a place to hide while they ate it. Ive only ever seen them do that with a piece of carrot. I will keep trying bella, she is still mostly for the forage and has raided my raspberry plants today herself lol.. Im relaxed for the firat time in a month, i feels amazing.

Everybun is all 100% great today. Ive just been tree/bush foraging so they are very happy bunnies now. :lol: Ive picked some blackthorn and cant remember if them can have the twig bit aswell as the leaves, or do i have to cut the individual leaves off? Bellas poo is now back to the big balls it used to be and shes gone from 3.8kg to 4.3kg. I have still put her spay back though, so she is booked in for next thursday and digby and devon go for their neuter this thursday.

Everybun is all 100% great today. Ive just been tree/bush foraging so they are very happy bunnies now. :lol: Ive picked some blackthorn and cant remember if them can have the twig bit aswell as the leaves, or do i have to cut the individual leaves off? Bellas poo is now back to the big balls it used to be and shes gone from 3.8kg to 4.3kg. I have still put her spay back though, so she is booked in for next thursday and digby and devon go for their neuter this thursday.

With Blackthorn, they will usually just eat the leaves, but may have a nibble on the thorny bit too.

Are you all OK :wave:

Only just getting a minute just now. Digby and devon had their neuter and things went great. They are doing all the right things. Ive closed tiggis enclosure off again to squiggles and moved daisy, devon and digby inside so that i can do night watch. Bella is back to her boisterous self lol.. Let anyone say to me their is no reason to spay females, Let them have bella for a day and they will soon change their minds :lol: Her spay cant come quick enough. Everything is great though, id rather have her like this anyday than poorly.

Only just getting a minute just now. Digby and devon had their neuter and things went great. They are doing all the right things. Ive closed tiggis enclosure off again to squiggles and moved daisy, devon and digby inside so that i can do night watch. Bella is back to her boisterous self lol.. Let anyone say to me their is no reason to spay females, Let them have bella for a day and they will soon change their minds :lol: Her spay cant come quick enough. Everything is great though, id rather have her like this anyday than poorly.

You're going great guns, and I'm glad to hear the buns are doing fine.

More vibes for everything to work out smoothly with all that you're doing xx

I'm glad that Digby and Devon are recovering well. You must be seeing an end in sight now :)

Yeah i feel closer to my goal. 5 spays to go now then all done. I cant believe ive gone through 12 neuter/spays and ive still got 5 to go. Digby and devon have took the metacam by syringe fantastic, and let me even look at their tackle.

Back