• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

DEVASTATED advice needed asap

Try to persuade him to look for some tree leaves. If she's eating Raspberry and Strawberry leaves she might just fancy them too. Also there is definitely no VHD risk with them. Also you could vet them when he returns to make sure they are the correct identification. Good idea to let her potter about outside. Is there anything there she might fancy nibbling?

shes eating plenty of forage but drinking little. Ive just syringed 5ml of water just in case but i dont know how much water she needs in any given time. She lying flopped and not in a hunched position so i think the metacam is working and she is weeing and doing small poops.

Try to persuade him to look for some tree leaves. If she's eating Raspberry and Strawberry leaves she might just fancy them too. Also there is definitely no VHD risk with them. Also you could vet them when he returns to make sure they are the correct identification. Good idea to let her potter about outside. Is there anything there she might fancy nibbling?

he went lol.. he got hazel, hawthorn, 3 types of willow, brambles and rose. She has ate some of everything but is favoring the hawthorn. Forage is a god send, she wouldnt even have parsley or corriander so forage might have literally saved her life (touch wood) You should have seen hubbys face went she tucked in, it was priceless. Ive just told him about the apple juice so hes gone to the shops for it. He loves his girl.

he went lol.. he got hazel, hawthorn, 3 types of willow, brambles and rose. She has ate some of everything but is favoring the hawthorn. Forage is a god send, she wouldnt even have parsley or corriander so forage might have literally saved her life (touch wood) You should have seen hubbys face went she tucked in, it was priceless. Ive just told him about the apple juice so hes gone to the shops for it. He loves his girl.

I agree. I remember when Yan was very ill with Myx, all he would eat was Milk Thistle and it wasn't that easy to find!

I'm pleased that she seems to be slowly picking up. I hope it continues.

This all sounds good :)

With forage, the beauty is that you can serve a selection and they will choose what's best for them at that time. Thumps said that and I agree with her :)

i totally agree with it mighty max. Normally she loves her hay and pellets but she is going for forage. Shes still not drinking but im hoping she is getting some from the fresh stuff. Thats my main concern at the minute, although her small poos and not like little stones now, you can break them apart and they are golden inside. How nice talking about moist golden poo. :lol:

i totally agree with it mighty max. Normally she loves her hay and pellets but she is going for forage. Shes still not drinking but im hoping she is getting some from the fresh stuff. Thats my main concern at the minute, although her small poos and not like little stones now, you can break them apart and they are golden inside. How nice talking about moist golden poo. :lol:

The golden boulder convo :lol:

Yes, she's probably getting lots of moisture from the fresh stuff. Interesting that she's going for the wet food rather than dry. She knows that's what she needs. Clever girlie :D

Shes just had a big long drink out of her bowl and finally ate 2 strands of hay. Se looks so thin to what she was. Im defo putting her spaying back. She wont be ready for it on thursday and i would like to see her with a bit more weight on her before she has it done. Bleu will have to put up with the hormones a bit longer.

Shes just had a big long drink out of her bowl and finally ate 2 strands of hay. Se looks so thin to what she was. Im defo putting her spaying back. She wont be ready for it on thursday and i would like to see her with a bit more weight on her before she has it done. Bleu will have to put up with the hormones a bit longer.

They lose weight so fast, don't they? Got that with one of mine - scary how it disappears.

Vibes for Bella to put weight on and start eating for England :)

Hope you have a peaceful night WS xx

im staying up again and going bed for a couple in the morning when hubby gets up. Yeah its dropped off her, she was very lean anyway with how active she was. Bleu will need dieting by the time she is eating proper again because hes hoovering everything i put down for bella the little chunk lol.. Thanks mighty max, you have a peaceful night too. x

im staying up again and going bed for a couple in the morning when hubby gets up. Yeah its dropped off her, she was very lean anyway with how active she was. Bleu will need dieting by the time she is eating proper again because hes hoovering everything i put down for bella the little chunk lol.. Thanks mighty max, you have a peaceful night too. x

Thank you xx

The more i watch bella the more i think its a weaker subdued version of the vhd, she a little wobbly on her legs and i put this down to her belly hurting, but shes eating a fair bit now and drinking and is still wobbly, especially when she tried to wash. Im really hoping this passes soon.

The more i watch bella the more i think its a weaker subdued version of the vhd, she a little wobbly on her legs and i put this down to her belly hurting, but shes eating a fair bit now and drinking and is still wobbly, especially when she tried to wash. Im really hoping this passes soon.

I hope you're wrong about the vhd. You don't want it anywhere nearby.

I hope she picks up soon. You've had enough worry these past weeks to last a lifetime xx

I know, it would be really bad luck for her to show symptoms on thursday and the all clear was on friday. I feel sick with worry all the time. I was looking forwards to celebrating the all clear but with bella being ill it doesnt feel like the all clear. xx

Has she been wobbly since the onset of not wanting to eat? I also hope you're wrong about VHD.

It might be worth starting to weigh her to monitor any losses/gains.

I know, it would be really bad luck for her to show symptoms on thursday and the all clear was on friday. I feel sick with worry all the time. I was looking forwards to celebrating the all clear but with bella being ill it doesnt feel like the all clear. xx

Would she eat fibafirst? Lots of nutrition plus a good amount of fibre. Rabbits usually love them.

SHE IS EATING PELLETS NOW YIPPPPEEEEEE!!!!!! i was searching pets at home website for fibafirst, looked at her and shes munching away. OMG cant believe it. Im going getting some fibafirst tomorrow, the more fiber the better. Im hoping we are on the right track now. Why did i not think of fibafirst, im a dummy.
She hops fine omi, its just when when going on her hind legs to clean she doesnt look as strong, i cant tell if she was wobbly from the onset because she didnt clean herself. x

SHE IS EATING PELLETS NOW YIPPPPEEEEEE!!!!!! i was searching pets at home website for fibafirst, looked at her and shes munching away. OMG cant believe it. Im going getting some fibafirst tomorrow, the more fiber the better. Im hoping we are on the right track now. Why did i not think of fibafirst, im a dummy.
She hops fine omi, its just when when going on her hind legs to clean she doesnt look as strong, i cant tell if she was wobbly from the onset because she didnt clean herself. x

I find fibafirst a really good 'first aid' as it's fibrous but provides calories too.

There's a good value online exclusive here:

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/fibafirst-rabbit-2kg

You get the equivalent of one box free :D

(ps I'd better delete that I just promoted P@H :lol:)

Ive just been having a feel around at bellas back legs again because ive seen her licking. Ive just found a cut that has fully scabbed over. Could all this stasis and her not wanting to stand on her hind legs be caused by this cut. It looks about right for bleu to have bit the in side of her hind leg when shes been humping his head. This wound looks like its been done around tuesday/wednesday. It looks really clean and not very deep, but could it have been making her feel poorly. Ive just put some calendula & camomile cream on her and she groomed me for ages.

Back