• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

DEVASTATED advice needed asap

I really hope your fears are unfounded & Bella remains well with your other bunnies. It sounds like a lot of hard work. Thank you for posting regularly. I'm sure you're very much in all our thoughts

all seem ok so far. Bella is really overactive and i noticed cosmo and darcy were like that the day before so i hope thats not a symptom. Please let me be being paranoid. Me and ian (hubby) are sticking to one shed/aviary each for feeding and cleaning to help stop things spreading and im dealing with squiggles, willow, buttons and pepe. We both have to sort bleu and bella because they are in our room anyway but we are spraying ourselves with virkon and changing clothes befoer we go in. I have a pile of clothes in the kitchen to get changed in and the ones we take off go in the bucket then washer. Santa was right when she said things dealing with the rabbits takes twice as long and its harder work too. Hopefully it will all be worth it. xx thanks for your support everyone x :love:

Praying it will all be worth it and that Bella and the crew are fit and healthy.

Bless you for all your hard work xx

You're doing an amazing job caring for your bunnies, sending positive vibes to you, I think we are all holding a massive collective RU breath that the worst is over. Xx

You're doing an amazing job caring for your bunnies, sending positive vibes to you, I think we are all holding a massive collective RU breath that the worst is over. Xx

I agree with CometLucy, you're doing an amazing job. Wednesday cannot come quickly enough. It's understandable that you're on hyper alert after such a devastating run of losses but I really hope Bella is just being over excitable because she's in a new room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks everyone. All seem ok this morning tucking into spring greens and fresh hay with gusto. I think bella might have cabin fever. She really want out of the bedroom. My sofa is coming today. My neighbors think ive lost the plot and have been worried that it was a human infection i was worried about. I hoovered the garden yesterday to make sure there was no stray poos hiding inbetween the flagstones. We then did it with the virkon again to make sure. Im feeling a little bit of hope today because its 10 days since tiggi died so surely if they had all come into contact with vhd at the same time i would have seen some show signs within the other groups. It would be strange if they all took 10 days to show the vhd. this is my hope now.

I'm glad every bun seems to be ok today. You are doing everything you can and I would think hopefully that they will have some immunity already from the vaccine if its full immunity after 7 days.

I'm glad you are feeling hopeful, it must be so hard for you :(

Hugs xx

So pleased for you W&S. We're all checking off the days! You're not the only one whose neighbours think you've lost the plot. I'm down the garden early every morning in my pyjamas and wellies. Last few days I've been down there wrapping up plastic milk bottles full of frozen water, with towels and popping in my hutches. I'm also chatting to the fish in the pond and to the wild birds, whilst feeding them. We have a female blackbird, 'Our Kid' who was last year's fledgling and lost her tail and damaged her wing, courtesy of a neighbour' cat last year. She pops in every day for mealworms and waits while I chat to her.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

thats what im thinking regarding the 7 day immunity. I wont fully relax until the 30th, but wednesday is the 7 days and that is our first milestone. To add to my stress, digby and devons bond is wearing thin with the hormones raging. It is ok at the minute because digby is very submissive and runs to a different area when devon chases him but if that changes i dont know what im going to do. Im going to get the 2 boys neutered before bella now because they are most needed. If i can build my funds back up quick enough i will get the 3 done at the same time.

thanks everyone. All seem ok this morning tucking into spring greens and fresh hay with gusto. I think bella might have cabin fever. She really want out of the bedroom. My sofa is coming today. My neighbors think ive lost the plot and have been worried that it was a human infection i was worried about. I hoovered the garden yesterday to make sure there was no stray poos hiding inbetween the flagstones. We then did it with the virkon again to make sure. Im feeling a little bit of hope today because its 10 days since tiggi died so surely if they had all come into contact with vhd at the same time i would have seen some show signs within the other groups. It would be strange if they all took 10 days to show the vhd. this is my hope now.

Glad to hear all is quiet on the WS front. Apart from the frantic working behind the scenes.

I hope it continues peacefully and that health prevails xxx

Back