• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP! Baby bunny keeps getting out

FinnLuna

New Kit
:lol: Okay so I have a 4 week old baby bunny who was an orphan and right know she fit through the bars of he X-pen so I coverd the with blankets so she couldn't do that and now she is CLIMBING out! I mean shes always loved to climb so its not super surprising but ive rigged a roof type system by draping a blanket on top and using a lid from my gerbils old Bin cage but he hardly gets any light, I NEED HELP... :)

Last edited:
It's amazing what they can fit through, I once put 7 week old babies in a dog crate to move them and they squeezed out :shock: Honestly I think you should get a different cage/pen with smaller gaps between bars, maybe one of those pop up fabric dog pens as a very temporary measure, or use chicken wire/mesh. Is he inside or out?

He is in my room thank god, but he gets out and runs around the house and he can fit EVERYWHERE, iv started shutting my door which helps but he still can get to some in reachable places. I have tried chicken wire but he can get through that to... He is still TINY... I have also trien the fabric pen... he climbs it like a monkey...:? :shock:

Could you get some fabric (a sheet, duvet cover or something) and use clothes pegs to attach it to the fabric pen as a roof?

If he is getting out through the bars, you will need to make sure that, after he's grown a little, he doesn't get his head stuck.

Ya ive tried but she's getting out through the bars, and so I covered them wit blankest the she climbs it, so then I coverd her pen with blankets as a roof to and she tore a hole in it... its a 4'x4' x-pen and she still wants more space...

She is yea but don't worry I am going to find a solution to this problem befor shes big enough to get her head stuck.

Back