Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Weird breathing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Sulfatrim is very good at tackling RTIs Hopefully you will see some improvement within the next 2-3 days. My Rabbit had a severe infection, but she is frail and elderly (9.5 years) so illnesses hit her harder than they may do a young Bunny. It sounds as though your boy is feeling OK within himself
    That's sooooo good to hear that sulfatrim is good at helping RTIs. I really hope he improves.
    I'm sorry to hear about your rabbit good to hear that she is improving though! Hopefully the same happens with Theo x

Quote Originally Posted by tillyandtheo View Post
    That's great to hear I'm feeling a bit more optimistic than before now
    Well I have to go back to the vets in a fortnight, so that she can check Theo's weight again and make sure they're working. If no progress is made she'll give him another prescription. So just going to hope it works

Good, I'm glad it's a long course. It often needs 4/6 weeks of persistent antibiotic therapy to knock these things on the head.

For weight gain, you could try giving some higher calorie junior pellets, or else a pinch of porridge oats (I feed them dry) twice daily

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Good, I'm glad it's a long course. It often needs 4/6 weeks of persistent antibiotic therapy to knock these things on the head.

For weight gain, you could try giving some higher calorie junior pellets, or else a pinch of porridge oats (I feed them dry) twice daily
    oh wow, I didn't know you could feed them porridge oats! That sounds good
    Can I ask whether cereals can be fed to them? Like shreddies etc? x

oh wow, I didn't know you could feed them porridge oats! That sounds good
    Can I ask whether cereals can be fed to them? Like shreddies etc? x

I only feed porridge oats when I need to fatten up a rabbit. They are recommended by vets and also by Tamsin who runs this site. I have never fed shreddies or any other cereal to a rabbit but I think some people put medication on malted shreddies. I think most cereals have sugar in them and it's better on the whole to stick to hay/grass, some veggies and a few pellets

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    I only feed porridge oats when I need to fatten up a rabbit. They are recommended by vets and also by Tamsin who runs this site. I have never fed shreddies or any other cereal to a rabbit but I think some people put medication on malted shreddies. I think most cereals have sugar in them and it's better on the whole to stick to hay/grass, some veggies and a few pellets
    Theo is doing good today. I put him out on the grass and he was eating lots and binkying around, playing with his toys. He's taking his medicine really well too. I have bought some porridge oats for Theo to eat but my other rabbit Tilly (who certainly does NOT need fattening up ) keeps eating it before Theo gets a chance to (she's definitely the dominant rabbit haha) so I'm going to have to figure out a way to feed it to just him - it will be a bit of a hassle but anything for him to get better and put on some weight.
    All in all though he's been doing really good today.
    Thanks so much for all your help - both MightyMax and Jacks-Jane - I've never been through this before and your advice really helped. Exactly what I was hoping for when I wrote the original post

Theo is doing good today. I put him out on the grass and he was eating lots and binkying around, playing with his toys. He's taking his medicine really well too. I have bought some porridge oats for Theo to eat but my other rabbit Tilly (who certainly does NOT need fattening up ) keeps eating it before Theo gets a chance to (she's definitely the dominant rabbit haha) so I'm going to have to figure out a way to feed it to just him - it will be a bit of a hassle but anything for him to get better and put on some weight.
    Thanks so much for all your help - both MightyMax and Jacks-Jane - I've never been through this before and your advice really helped. Exactly what I was hoping for when I wrote the original post

You're very welcome

I would hand feed the porridge oats so they get to where you want them to

I am glad to hear that Theo is doing well at the moment. Hopefully she will so be well on her way to a full recovery xx

Hope he is doing well today

Hello!

Theo is doing great. I haven't heard him breathing oddly atall and I think he's putting on weight. I'm going back to the vet next week so hopefully he will have made the progress I'm hoping for! He's currently out on the grass binkying around
    HOWEVER.... Not everything is good. I dont know if you'll be able to help with this too but I'm panicking a bit about Tilly (my other rabbit). She has been fine recently but I've just been out to play with them in the grass. They were fine and Tilly is running around as normal but I've noticed alot of big poos on the grass and im frightened it's diarrhoea. I don't know which one it is who is producing them but I'm assuming it's Tilly because the poos have been where she's been sitting.
    I googled diarrhoea in rabbits and safe to say the results are not good. I didn't know that it can be very quickly fatal in rabbits if not treated.
    I just wanted to come here for your advice? Her attitude hasn't changed, shes still running around and eating etc.

I don't know if this is a stupid thing to say, but my Dad is currently out jetwashing the pavement near to where they are in their pen on the grass, and Tilly seems very alert due to the noise - she's lop eared and her ears are up constantly. Could this be causing the poos to be bigger?Could she perhaps be alarmed by the noise?
    I don't know if that's a completely stupid thing to suggest but I just wanted to make sure

Thank you! x

Hello!

Theo is doing great. I haven't heard him breathing oddly atall and I think he's putting on weight. I'm going back to the vet next week so hopefully he will have made the progress I'm hoping for! He's currently out on the grass binkying around
    HOWEVER.... Not everything is good. I dont know if you'll be able to help with this too but I'm panicking a bit about Tilly (my other rabbit). She has been fine recently but I've just been out to play with them in the grass. They were fine and Tilly is running around as normal but I've noticed alot of big poos on the grass and im frightened it's diarrhoea. I don't know which one it is who is producing them but I'm assuming it's Tilly because the poos have been where she's been sitting.
    I googled diarrhoea in rabbits and safe to say the results are not good. I didn't know that it can be very quickly fatal in rabbits if not treated.
    I just wanted to come here for your advice? Her attitude hasn't changed, shes still running around and eating etc.

I don't know if this is a stupid thing to say, but my Dad is currently out jetwashing the pavement near to where they are in their pen on the grass, and Tilly seems very alert due to the noise - she's lop eared and her ears are up constantly. Could this be causing the poos to be bigger?Could she perhaps be alarmed by the noise?
    I don't know if that's a completely stupid thing to suggest but I just wanted to make sure

Thank you! x
    Are you sure the large poos are not cecotrophs, the poos Rabbits usually eat straight from their bum ?

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/GI_dise...rop/Drp_en.htm