Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Weird breathing?

  1. #11
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    126,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tillyandtheo View Post
    Thank you so much for this info! Im glad that people know about this and it shows im not alone
    That's OK

  2. #12
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    26,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tillyandtheo View Post
    That's a really good idea - i tend to forget things easily, especially on things like this. Im just desperate for him to be okay x


  3. #13
    New Kit tillyandtheo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Hello
    I went to the vets earlier. She found that Theo has a mild case of pneumonia and has prescribed him anti-inflammatory medicine and antibiotic medicine.
    I asked how I could prevent my other rabbit Tilly from getting pneumonia too and she said I need to try to keep the hutch clean and dry as much as possible and give them lots of fresh air, so I got home and straight away put them out on the grass, and cleaned out their hutch thoroughly.
    I'm feeling quite upset about it because I heard the word pneumonia and immediately assumed the worst. I really hope he's okay.
    I gave him his medicine earlier and he cried - I dont think he liked the taste - but seeing him like this has really shook me up.
    Hoping he gets better and puts on some weight. I'm overthinking now because it's raining outside and I'm worried hes cold (even though I've put lots of straw out for him). I keep going and checking on him but I just don't know how to feel - hes almost 2 and has never been ill before, and Tilly is 2 today and has also never been ill.
    Sorry for the lengthy message - I'm just a bit worried

  4. #14
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    126,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tillyandtheo View Post
    Hello
    I went to the vets earlier. She found that Theo has a mild case of pneumonia and has prescribed him anti-inflammatory medicine and antibiotic medicine.
    I asked how I could prevent my other rabbit Tilly from getting pneumonia too and she said I need to try to keep the hutch clean and dry as much as possible and give them lots of fresh air, so I got home and straight away put them out on the grass, and cleaned out their hutch thoroughly.
    I'm feeling quite upset about it because I heard the word pneumonia and immediately assumed the worst. I really hope he's okay.
    I gave him his medicine earlier and he cried - I dont think he liked the taste - but seeing him like this has really shook me up.
    Hoping he gets better and puts on some weight. I'm overthinking now because it's raining outside and I'm worried hes cold (even though I've put lots of straw out for him). I keep going and checking on him but I just don't know how to feel - hes almost 2 and has never been ill before, and Tilly is 2 today and has also never been ill.
    Sorry for the lengthy message - I'm just a bit worried
    I am sorry to hear that he has pneumonia I have a Rabbit who also has it at the moment and she is on a very long course of antibiotics and anti-inflammatories. We have had some scary moments, but now she is slowly showing signs of improvement as far as her lungs are concerned. I hope that your Rabbit will respond to treatment too x

  5. #15
    New Kit tillyandtheo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    I am sorry to hear that he has pneumonia I have a Rabbit who also has it at the moment and she is on a very long course of antibiotics and anti-inflammatories. We have had some scary moments, but now she is slowly showing signs of improvement as far as her lungs are concerned. I hope that your Rabbit will respond to treatment too x
    I'm so glad to hear she is showing improvement!! Has she has it for long and was it a mild case she was diagnosed with or a strong one? Can it deteriorate? Sorry for asking so many questions, I'm just so upset and I want to know what's happening x

  6. #16
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    26,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tillyandtheo View Post
    Hello
    I went to the vets earlier. She found that Theo has a mild case of pneumonia and has prescribed him anti-inflammatory medicine and antibiotic medicine.
    I asked how I could prevent my other rabbit Tilly from getting pneumonia too and she said I need to try to keep the hutch clean and dry as much as possible and give them lots of fresh air, so I got home and straight away put them out on the grass, and cleaned out their hutch thoroughly.
    I'm feeling quite upset about it because I heard the word pneumonia and immediately assumed the worst. I really hope he's okay.
    I gave him his medicine earlier and he cried - I dont think he liked the taste - but seeing him like this has really shook me up.
    Hoping he gets better and puts on some weight. I'm overthinking now because it's raining outside and I'm worried hes cold (even though I've put lots of straw out for him). I keep going and checking on him but I just don't know how to feel - hes almost 2 and has never been ill before, and Tilly is 2 today and has also never been ill.
    Sorry for the lengthy message - I'm just a bit worried

    I am so glad that Theo has a mild case of pneumonia and I am very hopeful that it can be treated successfully.

    I am currently nursing a rabbit with a very bad lower respiratory infection/pneumonia. It's quite daunting, but I am hopeful of a good outcome. Your rabbit is very young, and we have to be confident that he will shake off the illness with antibiotics.

    What antibiotics has the vet given?

    Hugs to you. Try not to worry too much.
    You can always PM me anytime

  7. #17
    New Kit tillyandtheo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    I am so glad that Theo has a mild case of pneumonia and I am very hopeful that it can be treated successfully.

    I am currently nursing a rabbit with a very bad lower respiratory infection/pneumonia. It's quite daunting, but I am hopeful of a good outcome. Your rabbit is very young, and we have to be confident that he will shake off the illness with antibiotics.

    What antibiotics has the vet given?

    Hugs to you. Try not to worry too much.
    You can always PM me anytime
    Thank you so much, this is so reassuring.
    Theo seems very lively and when i put him on the grass he was bounding and binkying around so that gave me some relief.
    That's such a shame about the rabbit. How did the severe case develop? Did it start off as mild and deteriorate?
    The vet gave me loxicom, inflammatory medicine and sulfatrium which is the antibiotic.
    Praying that they work!

  8. #18
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    126,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tillyandtheo View Post
    Thank you so much, this is so reassuring.
    Theo seems very lively and when i put him on the grass he was bounding and binkying around so that gave me some relief.
    That's such a shame about the rabbit. How did the severe case develop? Did it start off as mild and deteriorate?
    The vet gave me loxicom, inflammatory medicine and sulfatrium which is the antibiotic.
    Praying that they work!
    Sulfatrim is very good at tackling RTIs Hopefully you will see some improvement within the next 2-3 days. My Rabbit had a severe infection, but she is frail and elderly (9.5 years) so illnesses hit her harder than they may do a young Bunny. It sounds as though your boy is feeling OK within himself

  9. #19
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    26,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tillyandtheo View Post
    Thank you so much, this is so reassuring.
    Theo seems very lively and when i put him on the grass he was bounding and binkying around so that gave me some relief.
    That's such a shame about the rabbit. How did the severe case develop? Did it start off as mild and deteriorate?
    The vet gave me loxicom, inflammatory medicine and sulfatrium which is the antibiotic.
    Praying that they work!

    Ah you're very welcome

    It was quite unexpected, but Sulfatrim (Trimethoprim Sulfa) is an excellent antibiotic.
    How long a course did the vet prescribe?

    He sounds like he has a good immune system, and should hopefully make a really good recovery

  10. #20
    New Kit tillyandtheo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Ah you're very welcome

    It was quite unexpected, but Sulfatrim (Trimethoprim Sulfa) is an excellent antibiotic.
    How long a course did the vet prescribe?

    He sounds like he has a good immune system, and should hopefully make a really good recovery
    That's great to hear I'm feeling a bit more optimistic than before now
    Well I have to go back to the vets in a fortnight, so that she can check Theo's weight again and make sure they're working. If no progress is made she'll give him another prescription. So just going to hope it works

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •