• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Niji

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
Some of you may recall that we initially wanted to adopt a different bunny to bond with Arce. Whilst I adore Yuki and wouldn't change how things have panned out for the world, I'm delighted to announce that that different bunny has finally landed on his four paws along with the rest of my Wayward Buns.

So, finally, it's time to introduce Niji!

Niji's name means "Rainbow" in Japanese. We chose it to honour two of our bridge bunnies - Takumi (a name also of Japanese origin) and Iris (the Greek goddess of the Rainbow.) It also fits with Arce (Greek goddess of the double rainbow) too. We've been calling him both Niji and Taco (his rescue name) on and off for the past few weeks, whenever we've been talking about him. Thankfully the name suits him!

Anyway, Niji found himself at Honeybunnies, leaving behind an ex-wifebun and several kits (who are now, thankfully AT Honeybunnies. :thumb: - one of the daughters seriously reminds me of him.) However, when it came to being neutered his recovery was less than smooth, and put his life at risk several times over. Due to his fighting spirit and Jill's expertise, he made it through and finally he's been allowed to come home. :love:

Niji is a sweet little lad, with a heart of gold. He's a little timid but coming out of his shell. He's discovered a great love for running through the tunnel under my bed. Initially, I tried to bond him with Elphie and Selene, as they are the only pair I have without the presence of a buck. However, they will continue to remain without a buck, as it turned out to be a recipe for disaster, and the girls quickly rejected him. So, next I tried him with Arce and Yuki. And guess what? That's where he's staying. Niji is still trying to find his feet in the group, but he'll get there. I'm hoping that he'll help Yuki with his excess energy as he can sometimes be a little overbearing and overdemanding for poor Arce.

So that's that then. I was offered a choice between two suitors for Arce, and she's ended up with both! Funny how these things happen!

EXezQAt.jpg

14ePc6k.jpg

hJpZpgZ.jpg

iSrlzgW.jpg

fe7Dt5y.jpg

0pOgUCd.jpg

BCarAi4.jpg

Y6mjTyU.jpg

"Hurr hurr, I have 2 husbuns now!"

What a cutie Niji is :love: And how lucky is Arce then :D I hope the trio continues to go smoothly. It sounds as though he deserves to have some happy times now.

He is gorgeous, and a very lucky bunny!

How are you doing these days T? I think of you :)

:D

I'm doing ok, took a while for treatment to kick in but definitely more stable now. I think about you too. And I will reply to your PM, have some interesting things going on now. :)

He's lovely! I love the time & thought that goes into naming your bunnies too :love:

Thank you. I love taking the time to really think through names. Sometimes they jump straight at me (Athena told me she's Athena), sometimes it's the meaning (Erasmus means worthy of being loved, and he was being rehomed as a special needs), and some it's just the cadence of it (Rivergrace, for one.)

I'm glad others appreciate it too!

Also, thank you TheThreeB's - I hope Spud is settling in well now.

Thank you. I love taking the time to really think through names. Sometimes they jump straight at me (Athena told me she's Athena), sometimes it's the meaning (Erasmus means worthy of being loved, and he was being rehomed as a special needs), and some it's just the cadence of it (Rivergrace, for one.)

I'm glad others appreciate it too!

Also, thank you TheThreeB's - I hope Spud is settling in well now.

Yes, he's a little sweetheart, I'm so glad we got him. He's different to some of our others in that he loves human company and will follow you around.

Glad you are doing ok at the moment x

Back