• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Now Imogen not eating / Now Smudge again...

They're both home and tucking into some greens. On the advice of the vet I'm going to change them onto Excel Nature's Blend which is what they've been on at the vets. So hopefully things will settle down now.

Very glad that they're home :D I haven't heard of the food and will have a look at the ingredients.

Been away all week and just catching up on news. Very glad to hear both Smudge and Imogen are home again and back to their old selves :).

They look good. I bet they smell really nice?

The vet said they do but I haven't really noticed it myself.

Been away all week and just catching up on news. Very glad to hear both Smudge and Imogen are home again and back to their old selves :).

Hope you had a nice time away. Imogen is definitely back to her pellet guzzling self! Smudge hasn't got used to the idea of having all his pellets for the day at once, I've been doing pellets in the morning and veg in the evening, but he's definitely feeling better, just not finishing his pellets in one sitting yet.

They're out on the grass right now, enjoying the cooler evening air.

https://youtu.be/C0iQbjWNcuA

ETA. Just in case anyone gets the wrong end of the stick, I'm out here with them!

Last edited:
Wow, Smudge! :lol: Pardon me, Imogen! ;)
Ooo...it looks like you have these wee lawn daisies that I've only recently discovered in moving to Oregon...
S2MliD2q3nP5dQVxdv_eruOfjkIMarvI3UoXG9-gyPy1T0H1dN_RD7ZUS34QSYsnJ2ml8G1N7GEuFzvEfA-Lsno5gUqcybvpjSv9-ElGdvls9rW4dUrkHWHRCrhYpm7eivTt48BDCo6Fl1exhdh0q7hQdDkN5HYFu2V7m1_klw4m5fAtJoPUwOBk9q88NtR2YA8MDdTJ0zWzF0du22H4OnU9l441hwjcT9mHICuLSLnImraVlE6tV_BUaowg8CZEQL34edy8rFC0exPOpCgIelTV7K1VXvVtx11p2-w61E6_Nx80qeSXubYP5eQNc4JA0LTr3t0FGAucMpQWgrhHMbQBOLQV-k7IoEJTYWyc_efawJoPzvb8ovoZ5aTgvqMmZmfwBxbkK_zBCTOL3LR8mnPS6cCqi2MgVYNJGR2OzJJm610L_AMhTjwvkNVm4eR7hWOwLys_MeGeATf-OihaPdnq7yi22fhHQ0j_Ryqq0bx3gOWvBBvg-08MO1f_APdjjapjWqgI6-EVWojPb72J89zFiPFE2DJ_42WB9Gs2sAo1q057kzaU7HUju1d3ivI4Fp-QJObhHcxMyYT_KOnSzqVApZMKc0LyIpUaCB_kGutpwuz4_cYJ=w1328-h747-no

Are they edible for the bunnies? I may cultivate some in a safe planter away from the wild critters if so. :)

I'm glad to hear they are doing well now though. I can't believe the things bunnies will put in their mouths! Fiver has taken a shine to eating puppy pads and I'm frantically trying to find new ways to hide them from him. (I put them under their bedding to mop up spills since both he and Mimzy are too arthritic to use litterboxes anymore.)

Hoping Imogen and Smudge have no further issues. :love: xxxx

Smudge has nibbled those pads and made himself ill before as well :roll: sometimes I think they are more like furry toddlers! Putting everything in their mouths!

Re: daisies, my understanding is they are ok, at least in small numbers. I've never had bunnies eat very many of them, only the odd one or two. Mind you I can pick some of their favourite herbs and while they are on the grass and they won't eat them, come inside and suddenly they're the best thing since sliced bread. Fussiness with food, isn't that another toddler trait? :lol:

Fussiness with food, isn't that another toddler trait? :lol:

Quite! :lol:
I get the stamping tantrums too. *thump!* "No, mum, *thump!* I did NOT want my greens *thump!* mixed with my pumpkin puree *thump!*...for goodness sake, *thump!* try to keep up!" *oink!* :lol:

So here we go again :cry:

Smudge hasn’t eaten of his own accord all day. I did the usual thing of giving him metacam and infacol and leaving him for a few hours (I had to go to work for a while but fortunately someone could be at home to keep an eye on him) and nothing. Usually that’s enough to get him sorted so been to Trinity and he’s had fluids, cisapride, more metacam and about 25ml of syringe feeding divided into two bouts this evening.

He looks so sorry for himself :cry: just plonks himself in a spot and won’t move. I’m really starting to get concerned about him.

This is such a bad week for this, I’m already exhausted and in pain and I have such a busy few days coming up. Need to go to sleep so I can get up to syringe feed him early before work but just so worried. Keep getting stupid thoughts running through my mind.

Ignore me really, just need to say it all somewhere!!

Smudge hasn’t eaten of his own accord all day. I did the usual thing of giving him metacam and infacol and leaving him for a few hours (I had to go to work for a while but fortunately someone could be at home to keep an eye on him) and nothing. Usually that’s enough to get him sorted so been to Trinity and he’s had fluids, cisapride, more metacam and about 25ml of syringe feeding divided into two bouts this evening.

He looks so sorry for himself :cry: just plonks himself in a spot and won’t move. I’m really starting to get concerned about him.

This is such a bad week for this, I’m already exhausted and in pain and I have such a busy few days coming up. Need to go to sleep so I can get up to syringe feed him early before work but just so worried. Keep getting stupid thoughts running through my mind.

Oh no I'm so sorry! These things always happen at the worst time :(

Sending loads of vibes for Smudge.

Is Trinity keeping him in an option for you so they can monitor and syringe feed for you? x

I’m sorry you are having a bad time of it :cry: sending lots of vibes for Smudge, and hugs to you xx

Oh goodness I am sorry that Smudge is poorly again :cry: How is he doing this morning ? If he's no better perhaps you could give Mark's Team a call and see if they could admit Smudge for the day. Then you wont have to be quite so stressed about him as he will be monitored all the time by the A* Team.

Sending lots of vibes xx

Sending loads of vibes for Smudge. I hope there's some improvement this morning.

Also sending you lots of hugs. It is both physically and emotionally exhausting caring for a poorly rabbit without other issues to have to cope with.

Thank you everyone, I was able to get some sleep last night after getting that off my chest.

He's looking a lot better this morning, much more himself, still not right, but he's starting to nibble at things and is much more active.

Funny thing last night was I woke up about 3 as Imogen was thumping, and Smudge was in the hay nibbling. It was as if Imogen wanted to wake me up and let me know, once I turned the light out again she stopped.

It had crossed my mind about leaving him at Trinity, Mark didn’t offer that option yesterday but he has in the past, Smudge isn’t great with new places and people that’s the only thing.

Thank you everyone, I was able to get some sleep last night after getting that off my chest.

He's looking a lot better this morning, much more himself, still not right, but he's starting to nibble at things and is much more active.

Funny thing last night was I woke up about 3 as Imogen was thumping, and Smudge was in the hay nibbling. It was as if Imogen wanted to wake me up and let me know, once I turned the light out again she stopped.

It had crossed my mind about leaving him at Trinity, Mark didn’t offer that option yesterday but he has in the past, Smudge isn’t great with new places and people that’s the only thing.

Hopefully the improvement will continue throughout today. Has there been some poo output overnight ?

Hopefully the improvement will continue throughout today. Has there been some poo output overnight ?

Thank you, he's had a bit more syringe food this morning. I think his pooing, there are some much smaller poops that must be his.

Glad you got some sleep :)

I hope he continues to improve throughout the day x

Back