• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fox proofing rabbit run

I haven't had any experience of these, but to be honest I wouldn't trust it to be fox proof, also it wouldn't stop your rabbits digging out either. Most people either mesh under the turf or put the run on slabs or similar.

I've always worried a skirt wouldn't be enough, so have used metal run panels and slabs to cover the whole of the floor 😊

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ok thanks for your replies. Might have to re-think having the run on a grassed area. It can't stay permanently in the same spot on the lawn as they eat every single blade of grass within a matter of days and then it all turns to mud.

I think metal mesh underneath would be too harsh on their feet so will will probably have to put their run permanently either on slabs, or on the decking.

I tried having the run on the grass and moving it and honestly it;s easier said than done; the rabbits will eat all of the grass until they literally demolish the grass near the hutch. I would suggest a permenant run that is meshed through the bottom and possibly using aubiose as a substrate outside. I have a run that is fully enclosed on fleece and then a pen outside (with aubiose) which is not secure so they are only out when I'm around :)

Mine have a run attached to a shed. The run is fully meshed with some paving slabs over the top to protect their feet. Quite a few plants have grown through the mesh and it is on soil so isnt too harsh for them in the slab free places.

Back