• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What tunnel for indoor rabbits?

Casco

Mama Doe
I have used these fabric tunnels for a long time now https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rosewood-A...?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1496403144&sr=1-5 however in the last couple of weeks the rabbits have decided to pee in them occasionally so I'm probably going to replace them but can't decide what with. I've tried drainage pipe before but the noise of their little paws running along the pipe was rather annoying and made it hard to hear the TV :lol: They are chewers so the green plastic bendy pipe is out.

Is there a different tunnel that anyone can recommend? Do they actually need a tunnel? (They have a small paws hide and I'm waiting on a couple of hides from MPH so they do have somewhere to go). The fabric ones have been 'washed' and are outside to dry but I'm thinking that the rabbits may continue to pee in these if I put them back in.

I have a cardboard box as a tunnel. Luckily where I work we get really long cardboard boxes which are perfect bunny size! We pop it behind the sofa and they can then sprint behind it but can't chew the bottom of the sofa!!!!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I have this one from B&M - http://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/cat-tunnel-grey-3143272 (comes in brown too), its a suede kind of material outside but plasticy on the inside, I just cut off the little cat toy before giving it to the rabbits. To be honest they barely use it, they might run through it ocassionally but they don't sit in there, if scared they prefer proper hidey holes. I don't think rabbits need a tunnel as long as they have other places to hide, if they don't use it much then i probably wouldn't bother. Is the inside of your tunnel soft? My boys tend to pee on soft things like blankets, vetbed, the uncovered rug but they don't pee in their tunnel/on puppy pads/on laminate/on flat material

I didn't realise those b&m ones were plasticy on the inside so I might try that, I've always assumed they were soft which would just encourage my lot to pee in it. The ones I have are a similar material to play tents etc, they've only started peeing in them in the last couple of weeks since I have put down new lino in their pen. Cardboard they do chew so I don't tend to use that so much now. Wish their manor pet housing hides would hurry up, once I have them I don't think they'll need tunnels. Their current hide is ok if the 3 of them want to sit together but I like them to have an alternative if they want a bit of alone time :lol:

This is how it is inside, not completely plastic but it is very plasticy feeling

18836314_10155239272845772_504958614_o.jpg

I have large cork tunnels from amazon (think they're for large snakes/reptiles). Pricey though for the largest ones I could find.

Back