• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Projects coming together (photos later)

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all,

I'm so happy that a few of our rabbit projects are finally getting done.

The rabbit shed now has a 16ft tunnel connecting it to their run. The run still needs extending, but it's so lovely for them to go in and out as they please. The click, click of their claws as they run through the tunnel is an amazing sound.

We did have a scare because I popped Buffy inside and she got about 3ft down and froze. We weren't sure at first if she was too big and had got stuck. I couldn't get her back towards me and tried pushing her down, she wouldn't budge. Honestly thought we'd have to cut the pipe somehow, 5 mins after installing. Luckily, eventually she began to slowly move down and is now using it no problem.

Full time use is on the cards, but I have to protect the bottom of the run, although there's been no digging so far. So at the moment it's shed only at night time, but they still have lots of space in there.

We have also created an inner door for the playhouse (Dottie and Ziggy), using a piece of old cage and some hooks which allows me to leave the door open for fresh air and so they can see out. In addition to creating a felted roof for their run. Next job connecting the two!

I'll get some pictures up later x

Awesome :D We get rattling in our long tube between the run and hutch, we think because of poos! It's very pronounced because it's off the ground.

Aboleth wouldn't go down the tube to the lawn at first: she'd been alright with the others, even the one mentioned above. She'd go in a bit then reverse out. Lopsy hid in the tube for a few hours when next door's cats were out first time, we just had to leave him to it!

Yeah, if they disappear into it, there's not much you can do to get them out. Fortunately, so far Buffy and Theo haven't failed to come back to the shed when food is on offer :) x

Back