• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daisies?

*Bex*

Mama Doe
Can rabbits eat daisies? The normal average daisy that grows on the lawn?
None of my previous rabbits have ever bothered about one but my new bun is obsessed. I haven't been letting her eat them though as I wasn't sure if she can have them.

That's interesting - I thought they were a definite No, but I may be mixing them up with buttercups.
Buttercups I believe are on a lot of avoid lists, and I believe a certain type of "giant" daisy often seen growing at the side of the roads are also on avoid lists.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Babsie - I also thought they were a "no", but don't know why, and have previously picked them out of cut grass that I've given my rabbits. However, on searching old threads I came across thumps' advice. So I won't pick them out from now on :)

Buttercups I believe are on a lot of avoid lists, and I believe a certain type of "giant" daisy often seen growing at the side of the roads are also on avoid lists.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Yes, buttercups are 'avoid', unless they are a small amount dried in hay. I never understand that one :lol:

Daisies are listed as fine, though I personally don't feed them :)

Thanks everyone, she will be pleased to not be shoo'd away from them but I still may limit the amount of them she eats.

I thought daisies weren't a bunny friendly flower too. If in doubt I don't risk it so it is good to know I don't have to stress about daisies - I know buttercups aren't allowed.

My mom asked me if we could feed the bunnies daisies a couple days ago, I also wasn't 100% sure if they were safe. It's funny you don't really hear many people feeding them even though they're a very common lawn flower in many areas.

I feed them occasionally. Sometimes if OH's little girl is here, I'll get her to pick them while foraging. (Though she's quickly learning all sorts. I've had her picking goosegrass and plantain for a year now. ;))

Back