• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Any spare vibes

Ruthy - Seems to be a bit of a coincidence doesn't it?!

Thanks everyone for your good vibes. They both seem ok now so I'm going to try and get some sleep. Finally!!!

Topping up the vibes for both, but so glad to hear bea has bounced back.

So glad I popped on here this Morning, I also a had trouble with Bailey last night as he wouldn't eat his pellets at 7pm, sitting hunched & then later wouldn't eat anything. So on the vets advice gave him some metacam, Zantac and also syringed him some water as I wasn't sure if he was too hot.

I checked on him at 1pm and he was eating and grunting - complelty different rabbit and remains fine this morning. So I'm also considering it may have been too humid for him and maybe caused him some ear pain too! :( I'm hopefully taking him in to the vets either this afternoon or tomorrow and get him checked out again.

Pffffftttt bunnies - too stressful on times xxx

Adrenaline junkies. We're all secret adrenaline junkies. I'm just sayin'. ;)

I hope everyone's bunnies recover and there's no more worries for us all. We need some serious vacay. :(

You wouldn't believe it. Fell asleep on the sofa, went upstairs and Hiro was under the chair, shaking like a leaf and refusing to eat. The same thing has happened a few times in the last 6 months so our vet gave us meds incase it happens again, we rang them to ok it first and he's just had them.
I keep wondering if it's too hot in the house? It's on the high side but I aim at between 16-21° and it's 21.8 so nothing to drastic.
Argh �� Another sleepless night. 2 sick rabbits and a limping Hamster. I guess they do say it comes in 3's!

Roxy - what's happening! I am so sorry you're going through the mill yet again with mystery buns :)

Did you ever discover what the bang was just before Bea had her episode?

Roxy - what's happening! I am so sorry you're going through the mill yet again with mystery buns :)

Did you ever discover what the bang was just before Bea had her episode?

As I said in my earlier post, I highly suspect this is related.

I spoke to him last night and he said it was more like a thud than a bang. I thought he was in the next room but he was actually upstairs feeding the gerbils. He thinks it was her body flopping heavily but I don't think it would be that loud :/ he has super hearing but even so... There is absolutely nothing out of place and nothing that she can fall off or even jump on to so we're at a bit of a loss.

I spoke to him last night and he said it was more like a thud than a bang. I thought he was in the next room but he was actually upstairs feeding the gerbils. He thinks it was her body flopping heavily but I don't think it would be that loud :/ he has super hearing but even so... There is absolutely nothing out of place and nothing that she can fall off or even jump on to so we're at a bit of a loss.

Bunny cam in every room??

Ruthy - Seems to be a bit of a coincidence doesn't it?!

Thanks everyone for your good vibes. They both seem ok now so I'm going to try and get some sleep. Finally!!!

Hi Roxy, yeah for sure!

I thought he wasn't too bad with his ear infection and that it was at bay, but like you say it does seem a coincidence. How's hiro & bea today? Bailey is back to his usual self, so we're off to the vets tomorrow for a check up! Xx

They both seem ok. Just given Bea her Panacur and a bit of metacam just incase because I'm at work tonight. I'm going to treat her for EC, at least until the xrays have been done. She really really scared us last night, my o/h was convinced she was dying.
Glad to see that Bailey is doing better today too :) xxxx

They both seem ok. Just given Bea her Panacur and a bit of metacam just incase because I'm at work tonight. I'm going to treat her for EC, at least until the xrays have been done. She really really scared us last night, my o/h was convinced she was dying.
Glad to see that Bailey is doing better today too :) xxxx

You're amazing! You just get on and deal with it all, and it's not fair you should have so many bunny related panics in such a short space of time in your life

These are absolutely my last rabbits. I love them but I've aged about 10 years since getting them! If we lose any of them (God forbid) then of course I will get them a friend but I'll go for a bun of a similar age.
The phonecall that I got off my o/h last night was horrible. He was convinced that Bea was dying. He didn't even think they'd make it to the vets.

Been better MM!
Sylar stopped eating this morning and his tummy was so hard and swollen. It felt like a brick! He's ok now though and he bounced back quickly. They all seem ok tonight.
Last thing we needed though after losing Mont though :( Haven't got a clue what's going on with my babies at the moment. Exhausting!
Thanks for asking though and sorry for always moaning! Xx

Been better MM!
Sylar stopped eating this morning and his tummy was so hard and swollen. It felt like a brick! He's ok now though and he bounced back quickly. They all seem ok tonight.
Last thing we needed though after losing Mont though :( Haven't got a clue what's going on with my babies at the moment. Exhausting!
Thanks for asking though and sorry for always moaning! Xx

I don't think you're moaning at all, I never do :)

I feel a heartfelt sorry for you when these things happen with your buns. It seems extraordinarily unfair on you.

You seem to have got Sy back on track pretty fast - what did you do?

Well I found him like that when I woke up so I wasn't sure how long it had been going on for. I rang my vet and put them on standby and then I did the same as always. I gave him a small amount of Metacam, 2ml of Infacol and a little tummy rub. I then took him downstairs with me because he gets really curious and moves around more than when he's upstairs. He was ok again within a few hours. His tummy was so hard though and really bloated :/

Well I found him like that when I woke up so I wasn't sure how long it had been going on for. I rang my vet and put them on standby and then I did the same as always. I gave him a small amount of Metacam, 2ml of Infacol and a little tummy rub. I then took him downstairs with me because he gets really curious and moves around more than when he's upstairs. He was ok again within a few hours. His tummy was so hard though and really bloated :/

Excellent, well done you. But I really wish your rabbits wouldn't stress you so much. Pets are meant to be lovely relaxing companions, and not make us worried and put our vet on standby :)

I agree 100% so I'm going to focus on some happy pet news instead!
At the end of our bed we have 2 ottomans. We decided to put a tunnel with a carpet top next to it to see if Hiro fancied venturing up... and he did! Getting up on the bed is the one thing that he could no longer do after getting his tilt and it's obvious that he loves being up there again. He runs around doing binkies afterwards!

First attempts a few days ago

https://postimage.io/

https://postimage.io/

Yesterday, chilling with Sy and Daddy!

photo sharing websites

Trying my best to focus on the good things at the moment. Clutching at straws though :lol:

Oh my gosh, that middle photo of Hiro really took my breath away :)

What a brave and spirited boy he is. An inspiration indeed. And lovely to see them both together on the duvet.

You are one in a million Roxy. I hope one day the big Bunny God realises this and gives you a break xx

Back