• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Any spare vibes

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
At the theatre and just got 12 missed calls from my o/h.
Bea is falling over and dragging her legs.
Thought it might be because she is too hot but temperature is ok in our house :'(
I'm on my way now. Please keep her in your thoughts. My poor girl :'(

At the theatre and just got 12 missed calls from my o/h.
Bea is falling over and dragging her legs.
Thought it might be because she is too hot but temperature is ok in our house :'(
I'm on my way now. Please keep her in your thoughts. My poor girl :'(

Roxy!!

So sorry to hear this :(

I am with you. PM me anytime xx

When I got to the vets she didn't seem too bad but now we are home it's obvious that she's not herself. She seems off her food (but she ate 3 hours ago) and she is keeping her bum very close to the ground when she walks.
We've got metacam, zantac and panacur to give her for now but we are considering xrays for her next week.
X

Did the vet not mention syringe feeding? I think I would give her some now, as it's a few hours since she's eaten isn't it.

I don't think he did. I only got there towards the end of the consultation. He did say that her stomach felt fine though. The main concern that we had when we took her in was the leg issue :(

Oh god, Roxy, I"m so sorry to see Bea is having issues. Sending tonnes of vibes your way that she will be okay. xxxxxxx

I don't think he did. I only got there towards the end of the consultation. He did say that her stomach felt fine though. The main concern that we had when we took her in was the leg issue :(

If she's not eaten then I would syringe feed her. You don't want stasis as well.

She hasn't injured it, has she?

Dan said that he heard a big bang and went in to find her flopped with her head on the bookcase. She wouldnt move so he lifted her a little and she dragged her back legs and then lay back down. He got her up again and she was still dragging them. She was also breathing really heavily. Dan isn't a worrier like me so I knew it was bad as soon as I picked up the voicemail. There isn't anything in that room that she can jump on so it's unlikely that she's hurt herself but not impossible.

I gave her some infacol, tummy rubs and some CC about an hour ago and she got much worse. She just sat all hunched up in a corner with her eyes half shut. I rang the vet back and double checked that they give her tummy a good feel and asked if I was ok to give emeprid too. They ok'd it so about half an hour ago I gave her some more tummy rubs and the emeprid. I rang Dan and updated him and then I went upstairs to find a bigger syringe for feeding. I came back downstairs and went into the kitchen to get Henry a treat and she followed me. I gave her some and she ate them!
I feel so relieved. She's hopping about now and periscoping. Half an hour ago she was sat hunched in a corner refusing all food and drink. She knows how to scare her mummy. It feels like the longest 4 hours of my life. I'm still very worried about the legs though and I will be carrying on with the Panacur regardless. She's always walked with her back legs a little so I think that we might get her an XRAY done to be sure there isn't any issues there.
She's being so curious now, gonna get on the floor and cuddle her for a few hours!
Honestly, I thought that we had a Billy situation here. I've been in pieces :cry:

Dan said that he heard a big bang and went in to find her flopped with her head on the bookcase. She wouldnt move so he lifted her a little and she dragged her back legs and then lay back down. He got her up again and she was still dragging them. She was also breathing really heavily. Dan isn't a worrier like me so I knew it was bad as soon as I picked up the voicemail. There isn't anything in that room that she can jump on so it's unlikely that she's hurt herself but not impossible.

I gave her some infacol, tummy rubs and some CC about an hour ago and she got much worse. She just sat all hunched up in a corner with her eyes half shut. I rang the vet back and double checked that they give her tummy a good feel and asked if I was ok to give emeprid too. They ok'd it so about half an hour ago I gave her some more tummy rubs and the emeprid. I rang Dan and updated him and then I went upstairs to find a bigger syringe for feeding. I came back downstairs and went into the kitchen to get Henry a treat and she followed me. I gave her some and she ate them!
I feel so relieved. She's hopping about now and periscoping. Half an hour ago she was sat hunched in a corner refusing all food and drink. She knows how to scare her mummy. It feels like the longest 4 hours of my life. I'm still very worried about the legs though and I will be carrying on with the Panacur regardless. She's always walked with her back legs a little so I think that we might get her an XRAY done to be sure there isn't any issues there.
She's being so curious now, gonna get on the floor and cuddle her for a few hours!
Honestly, I thought that we had a Billy situation here. I've been in pieces :cry:

Roxy I could hardly believe what I was reading :shock: I kept re-reading it to make sure I hadn't made a mistake.

I am so relieved she's using her back legs now. I agree, best get an X-ray of her spine etc to make sure you know what's going on here. Pray that all is well and the X-ray finds nothing.

You have had more than your fair share. Bea has *got* to be OK :D

She seems so much better now. Something obviously did the trick. I don't care what it was, I'm just so relieved that she's not sat all hunched up like that anymore.

Now I've just got to make it up to my poor friend that I abandoned at the theatre :roll:

Gosh - just seen all of your thread & my heart was in my mouth so god knows how you're feeling. Its great you got her out of stasis so quickly. Many vibes for your beautiful Bea

Back