• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

boop

Jill Pill

New Kit
Hi there.

I'm someone who's been enamored with bunnies for a long time, but I never had the opportunity to really be around one until I found and adopted Angel from a shelter last October:

yX2nrbd.jpg

The shelter did not seem to know too much about him (or rabbits in general), but he was listed as "Tomo, Holland lop of 8-9 months" at the time, so I'm just going to assume he shares his birthday with mine in January.

I'm sure he is happy to get away from that place. Before leaving one of the ladies working there showed me some ways to "handle" a rabbit by picking him up in ways that he clearly didn't like. She also demonstrated laying him on his back to put him in a "trance" (which I didn't know was dangerous at the time), and then she got him out of it by slamming her hand on the table and scaring him half to death. At that point I no longer had any doubts about adopting him.

I took him to a rabbit vet soon after he got settled in, and she said he seemed perfectly healthy. (though he doesn't seem to have been neutered and I'm still considering having that done)

I've just been doing the best I can for him since then. He seems really mellow and well-adjusted when it comes to interacting with humans. Sudden loud noises don't even seem to faze him, and the only things that can really freak him out are being picked up or having his back feet touched.

As for myself, I spend a lot of my time playing video games and consider myself a hobbyist game developer. I'm currently working on a bunny-themed idle game. I love cute things of all sorts, but I guess bunnies just speak to me on a personal level.

Hi there.

I'm someone who's been enamored with bunnies for a long time, but I never had the opportunity to really be around one until I found and adopted Angel from a shelter last October:

yX2nrbd.jpg

The shelter did not seem to know too much about him (or rabbits in general), but he was listed as "Tomo, Holland lop of 8-9 months" at the time, so I'm just going to assume he shares his birthday with mine in January.

I'm sure he is happy to get away from that place. Before leaving one of the ladies working there showed me some ways to "handle" a rabbit by picking him up in ways that he clearly didn't like. She also demonstrated laying him on his back to put him in a "trance" (which I didn't know was dangerous at the time), and then she got him out of it by slamming her hand on the table and scaring him half to death. At that point I no longer had any doubts about adopting him.

I took him to a rabbit vet soon after he got settled in, and she said he seemed perfectly healthy. (though he doesn't seem to have been neutered and I'm still considering having that done)

I've just been doing the best I can for him since then. He seems really mellow and well-adjusted when it comes to interacting with humans. Sudden loud noises don't even seem to faze him, and the only things that can really freak him out are being picked up or having his back feet touched.

As for myself, I spend a lot of my time playing video games and consider myself a hobbyist game developer. I'm currently working on a bunny-themed idle game. I love cute things of all sorts, but I guess bunnies just speak to me on a personal level.

Hi Jill and welcome to the Forum :wave:

When I scrolled down to see Angel, he took my breath away :love: I can see why you named him Angel. He's gorgeous :love:

And I'm with you - bunnies speak to me on a personal level also xx

Hi :wave: Welcome to the forum :)

He's gorgeous and it sounds like it's a good thing he's away from there.

You've definitely come to the right place :) x

Welcome to the forum what a beautiful by bunny Angel is, keep us us updated on your game, there shortage of rabbit games to play

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

If anyone is curious to see a bit of the game I'm making, I keep an imgur album of screenshots taken/resources made during development. It can be considered a mini-devlog I guess.

Back