• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Senior rabbit food

Rosie_uk

New Kit
I have recently lost my current rabbit who was fed on senior rabbit pellets and I have at least a bag and a half left obviously I couldn't feed a baby rabbit on it so just wondering what the difference is between senior and junior food and could I supplment the senior food so I could use it or would it be best just to get rid of it and start again with new food.

Senior pellets, as you probably know, are of less calorific value than junior pellets and certainly have less protein. If it were me, I don't think I would bother with trying to supplement the senior pellets to make them suitable for baby rabbits and either would try to donate them to my nearest rescue or dump them.

Thank you for the reply am considering using them as a treat as they have quite a long use before date. It all depends how old the rabbits are I get am still thinking and looking of the way to go.

Thank you for the reply am considering using them as a treat as they have quite a long use before date. It all depends how old the rabbits are I get am still thinking and looking of the way to go.

Yes hold on to them for the time being, I would :wave:

Back