• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New to the forum

Rosie_uk

New Kit
Hi I am joining this forum with mixed emotions so please bare with me. My daughters rabbit who we have had since my daughter was at school (shes now 28) passed away on Thursday he was a white lion head and the most soft loving rabbit ever. I believe he was at least 12 years old so lived a long life and is sadly missed. Obviously we now have a hutch empty well two tbh as he use to have two joined together with a run differcult to explain but a hutch with a playpen and then access to another hutch if he wanted. Lots of room to run and jump about and he use to like to play with my dogs, so I have decided to get another and am thinking I really would like to get more than one so would you say a male and female would be a good choice as would like to bond them at a later date.

Thank you for reading my post.

Hi, welcome to the forum :wave: I'm so sorry that you lost your rabbit :cry: 12 is an extremely good age for a rabbit and I can understand how much you must miss him.

It is lovely that you are considering getting two more rabbits. Yes, male and female are generally considered to be the easiest mix to bond. You could also think about adopting a pair from a rescue centre, who would be already neutered and bonded.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope it works out well and let us know how you get on :)

Hi I am joining this forum with mixed emotions so please bare with me. My daughters rabbit who we have had since my daughter was at school (shes now 28) passed away on Thursday he was a white lion head and the most soft loving rabbit ever. I believe he was at least 12 years old so lived a long life and is sadly missed. Obviously we now have a hutch empty well two tbh as he use to have two joined together with a run differcult to explain but a hutch with a playpen and then access to another hutch if he wanted. Lots of room to run and jump about and he use to like to play with my dogs, so I have decided to get another and am thinking I really would like to get more than one so would you say a male and female would be a good choice as would like to bond them at a later date.

Thank you for reading my post.

Hi Rosie and welcome to the Forum :wave:

I'm sorry you lost your bun. 12 is a fantastic age, and I bet she had a great life with you all :)

If you decide to get a couple of buns (and they are social animals, so two/three is better than one) then I would go to a rescue centre. For a start you'll cut out all the shenanigans of neutering, and they will usually come having had their vaccinations, so very little in the way of health care really. You will also be giving a pair of rabbits a new chance for a fresh start.

Usually a male and female is the best combo if you're bonding yourself. But if coming from a Rescue, I would take what they offer and what appeals to you :D

Back