• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

An unusual visitor

I would feel rather privileged to have such a visitor. One came to stay with my farming neighbor last summer. She would tell stories of sharing her breakfast with him.

Apparently after conversations yesterday they all have crests, but only the male has the long full tail. Not seen the tail yet so can't say if it's male!
Maybe the females I'd seen had had all been 'got at' by the males ;P (That's one of my Mum's phrases, can be used in all sorts of contexts when she wants to be ambiguous :roll:)

When was that? We were there all the time in the 90's but I only remember the colourful sort.
Oh, maybe not Whipsnade then! :lol: Certainly somewhere safari park like (not a zoo, Mum wouldn't go to zoos until the early 2000s when they all got less monospecies and caged) and within 2hrs drive of Brentwood; could've bveen a fancy house somewhere, ort even somewhere in Austria! But they were mostly half-coloured, only a few all white. The males look proper weird.

Peafowl makes the WORST noise :S There were some on a farm near my parents and they were so loud they could wake me up! Even the nearby cockerels didn't match up. It's such a moaning, terrible sound too :S

Zoobec, I've been wondering what happened about your Peacock. Do you still have him?

No, he stopped around for a few days then disappeared, we never found out where he came from. Latest visitor is the biggest squirrel I have ever seen, he's there every day in the goats bit of the wood :love:

No, he stopped around for a few days then disappeared, we never found out where he came from. Latest visitor is the biggest squirrel I have ever seen, he's there every day in the goats bit of the wood :love:

That's a shame, but was nice that he chose you for his home for a while.

We haven't had any squirrels in the garden this year yet, but there are loads in the woods nearby. A bit too early for acorns :)

Back