• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Fibreplex - Safe if ingredients separated?

~ILoveMyBunny~

Alpha Buck
Sorry to post another thread but I was just wondering if anyone knows if Fibreplex is still safe when it's separated? I've just gone to give Pixel the Fibreplex the vet gave me as he's not eating yet after his neuter/dentals but the ingredients have separated in the heat, leaving just oil at the nozzle. I did have this once before when buying Fibreplex online (VetUK) and contacted the company who made it and they very kindly sent me a new one but didn't comment on whether or not it was safe once the ingredients had separated? I'm not sure whether to give it to him?

This has happened to me to occasionally. I usually squeeze the watery bit out into the bowl, and add a bit extra, which is usually the normal consistency, although it is a bit wasteful. Just a thought, but have you tried popping it in the fridge for a bit, not tried this myself, but it might firm it up a bit ?
If Pixels struggling to eat after a dental, you could try adding some Ella's kitchen baby food in with some nuggets. The strawberry and banana one has always gone down well with my buns.

Last edited:
Thank you Pets Mum :D I just tried squeezing the oil out and gave it a really good shake, it's a bit closer to normal consistency now so I decided to give him a bit - first bit was no problem, then he found out what is tasted like and oh boy, he's not happy :roll: got a nice shake of the head and look of disgust afterwards but I think he's had most of it.
I was just worried whether or not it was safe but I don't like him going on for so long without eating. Giving it to him woke him up a bit and he got up and had a small nibble of some coriander afterwards :D
Yeah, the Ella's Kitchen might be some good idea. I bought him some earlier today, could only get apple and peach but I know he's had the apple before and he loves peaches so he should like one of them. Might give that a go in a minute.

It'd be safe, but the oil won't have what he needs in it.
Best to mix it up if you can, I normally squeeze into a bowl, mix together again and draw up into a new syringe to give when meds like that separate.
It tends to happen if they get too hot, or have been sitting for a long time to try to prevent them from getting above a normal room temperature (it'll have the safe temp on the packaging) and avoid leaving it sitting for ages, always give a shake before if you can.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

glad he's had some of it :D , my girl licks it off a spoon ! You could mix it in with a few nuggets if he's not keen. Bunny teeth and dentals-nightmare :roll:

Oh thanks Daphnephoebe, that's what I was worried about. As long as it's safe I don't mind mixing it again, I guess I just panic if anything's not right :oops::p Thanks for putting my mind at rest lol. I'm so paranoid sometimes :oops:

glad he's had some of it :D , my girl licks it off a spoon ! You could mix it in with a few nuggets if he's not keen. Bunny teeth and dentals-nightmare :roll:
Oh all of mine usually love Ellas Kitchen... As long as they're not ill when they get it :roll: Although some are now suspicious of it as they've had it mixed with medication in the past, so they check it first :lol:
As for Fibreplex... I usually get more of a fight :roll:

Last edited:
Back