• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Boo's been unwell, now Pippin too u/d both home!

Just back from dropping them off. Neither of them have any gut sounds, although Pippin was eating this morning and there are normal poops in their potty :?. Boo also has an area of pain in an area of her abdomen but the vet couldn't feel it properly.

The plan is to have them on fluids and gut stimulants, with stronger pain relief and see if the vet could get a better feel. If they don't pick up or pick up and don't stay better, they will be referred to D1ck vet. The vet said she'd phone about lunchtime with an update. I mentioned the RHD2 but the vet didn't say anything.

Oh..................... :?

I hope that they will both start to respond to treatment very soon xx

Just dropping by to ask how Boo and Pippin are doing now ?

Thank you for asking Jane. They have been very unwell and are now at D1ck vet. Most things are checking out ok, other than no gut sounds. Pippin has a pain in his gut and Boo has a slight discharge from her ear. They can't rule out RHD2 yet.

It's taken me all day to get them here, including almost crashing on the motorway when the taxi got a flat tyre. But they are in good hands now. I really hope they can pull through.

Thank you for asking Jane. They have been very unwell and are now at D1ck vet. Most things are checking out ok, other than no gut sounds. Pippin has a pain in his gut and Boo has a slight discharge from her ear. They can't rule out RHD2 yet.

It's taken me all day to get them here, including almost crashing on the motorway when the taxi got a flat tyre. But they are in good hands now. I really hope they can pull through.

Oh I am sorry to hear that they are very poorly :cry: I really hope that they can recover. You must feel exhausted from all the worry and to have a near miss in the taxi was the last thing you needed :cry:

Adding my vibes that Boo and Pippin can recover and that there's no more travel worries for you, weedug. Goodness I've been in a fast moving vehicle and blown a tire before, it is harrowing to say the least! :(
(((((((((((((Huge hugs))))))))))) xxxx

The vet has phoned. They've got Pippin and Boo settled in. They've been separated but are beside each other and will have play time together.

Pippin is causing the most concern to them just now since he has no gut sounds. They've both had a tiny bit to eat. I don't know if they've had gut stimulants. If not, I don't know why they wouldn't eat here.

Many more vibes for your poorly poppets. I imagine they were probably given gut stimulants - they do seem standard issue in all cases of stasis.
Thinking of you all

I really hope that the Bunnies have both improved overnight xx

Thank you for asking Jane. The vet has just phoned. Both are eating and pooping a little, but no where the amount that they should. The vet wants a ct done on both to see if anything shows up, and will get back in touch when they have the results.

Sending more vibes for them. I hope the vet can establish what is causing the problems.

I'm so sorry that your babies are poorly, that must be such a worry :( I do hope the vets can get to the bottom of it very soon. In the meantime, I'd say it's worth getting your other bunnies RHD2 vaccinated as soon as possible if they aren't already, just in case it does turn out to be that. Thinking of you all x

Popping in to add a few more vibes for Boo and Pippin to feel better soon. I hope the scan goes well and something simple to fix can be found for them. xxxxx

I'm so sorry that your babies are poorly, that must be such a worry :( I do hope the vets can get to the bottom of it very soon. In the meantime, I'd say it's worth getting your other bunnies RHD2 vaccinated as soon as possible if they aren't already, just in case it does turn out to be that. Thinking of you all x

I agree. I hope that the fact that it is now the Royal D1ck Rabbit Clinic treating Pippin and Boo that they will suggest that x

Mr Bubble is too poorly to be vaccinated :(. He doesn't have the myxo/vhd either now because it's about a month overdue. The vet said he shouldn't be vaccinated with all his other problems. Honey was also to wait for her vaccinations (ec flair up) but given the possible risk I will check if they will at least vaccinate her.

Back