• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RWAF Conference 2017

I went to both days! Myself and a couple vets from work to the vet stream day which was very informative, although would love to know what went on at the owners day.
Behaviour day was okay, enjoyed the bonding section but I think the rest of the day needed to be more tailored to rabbits and not just stress in general as rabbits display and deal with stress differently from other animals

MM is this always in Edinburgh or does it change every year? Xx

It changes every year :) It rotates round some of the vet schools because the vet stream make use of the clinical facilities for some of their sessions. It's at Bristol next year :)

Myself and a couple vets from work to the vet stream day which was very informative, although would love to know what went on at the owners day.

If it's any consolation, the owners always say they'd love to know what went on at the vet's day :lol:

From what I gather having spoken to people on both sides and compared notes, most of the lectures between sessions are the same (so someone who does ear based abscesses in one will then go and do ear based abscesses in the other) often using the same lecture slides, but with a slightly different emphasis. So obviously they wouldn't go into the same level of detail about how they would do the surgery, about drug protocols and dosages etc in the owners stream, and slightly more on general explanations and talking owners through how they can spot things themselves etc.

I went to both days! Myself and a couple vets from work to the vet stream day which was very informative, although would love to know what went on at the owners day.
Behaviour day was okay, enjoyed the bonding section but I think the rest of the day needed to be more tailored to rabbits and not just stress in general as rabbits display and deal with stress differently from other animals

Thank you for reporting back - that's very interesting :)

If it's any consolation, the owners always say they'd love to know what went on at the vet's day :lol:

From what I gather having spoken to people on both sides and compared notes, most of the lectures between sessions are the same (so someone who does ear based abscesses in one will then go and do ear based abscesses in the other) often using the same lecture slides, but with a slightly different emphasis. So obviously they wouldn't go into the same level of detail about how they would do the surgery, about drug protocols and dosages etc in the owners stream, and slightly more on general explanations and talking owners through how they can spot things themselves etc.

Did you go this year Santa?

I got a couple of USB drives from the 2016 Conference with the lectures on them, I got the vet one and the owners one for about a tenner I think. Perhaps they'll be on sale from RWAF website soon. I'd love to go to a conference but they're all quite a way for me. I'm finding it difficult to drive any distance now, I have terrible problems with my back and joints, but I'd kill to go to Bristol and look round the veterinary facility.

I did, except I felt really ill all day so didn't really take as much in as I would have liked - and haven't had time yet to sit down and go through the notes/ponder my scribbles.

Sorry to hear that. Such a long way, or I would've loved to have been there.

You didn't do it all in a day, did you, like the FHB Conference I met you at?

I got a couple of USB drives from the 2016 Conference with the lectures on them, I got the vet one and the owners one for about a tenner I think. Perhaps they'll be on sale from RWAF website soon. I'd love to go to a conference but they're all quite a way for me. I'm finding it difficult to drive any distance now, I have terrible problems with my back and joints, but I'd kill to go to Bristol and look round the veterinary facility.

I used to get the notes from the RWAF shop. I didn't know they now did them on sticks - the way forward :thumb:

I'm sorry about you and the driving P :( You work so hard, it's a bit relentless for you?

Back