• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Oval poops..vets

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Taking my boy to the vets tomorrow. He's been a bit quiet and now passing oval poops. Eating well but not moving much unless it's for food and treats.
I found a small blob of something like phlegm.
I'm looking for some reassurance he's gonna be ok....

I hope he gets on well at the vets. Its great he is still food motivated. Hopefully the phlegm is a wee bit of infection remedied with anti biotics. Let us know how you get on

I hope he gets on well at the vets. Its great he is still food motivated. Hopefully the phlegm is a wee bit of infection remedied with anti biotics. Let us know how you get on

at worst a wee bit of infection I meant. Sorry my above post read wrong

No misunderstanding...i got what you meant. Xx
He's so quiet...lying on his vet bed bless him but if I get the dried cranberries I get mugged. He's my baby. I've got 6 left now. Lost 2 ...one aged 5 pneumonia and one aged 8 and a half years to a stroke.

Taking my boy to the vets tomorrow. He's been a bit quiet and now passing oval poops. Eating well but not moving much unless it's for food and treats.

Was the phlegm in his poops? Jelly like?

If you scroll down here there's some pics
(apologies, they are gross)

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/GI_diseases/drop/Drp_en.htm

Mucous type stuff in poops is usually an indication of inflammation in the gut. often associated with stasis and that sort of thing.

My girl passed a mucous pellet, and was similar to your lad (this was a freak out for me!), except wouldn't even come for treats :( she spent a few days in exotic bunny hospital on fluids and medication, but came out fine the other side, I hope the same for your boy

Hello stranger, whilst it's lovely to 'see' you again I am sorry it's because BB has a problem. The symptoms you describe seem to point toward a gut motility problem. I hope the Vet can help, sending lots of vibes xx

Back