• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beaphar care plus

Alicia

Mama Doe
I read about this food and out of all the ones I was looking at it had a good fibre content and seemed quite good. It's arrived and I've opened it and the pellets are different colours. I feel like this is a bad sign, I thought id read it and it all sounded good? Does anyone else feed this food or have an opinion on it?
image_zps7tahi5op.jpeg

I read about this food and out of all the ones I was looking at it had a good fibre content and seemed quite good. It's arrived and I've opened it and the pellets are different colours. I feel like this is a bad sign, I thought id read it and it all sounded good? Does anyone else feed this food or have an opinion on it?
image_zps7tahi5op.jpeg
Hi Alicia,

I feed my buns the beaphar nature rabbit pellets, not the plus one. It's got a very high fibre content, and made from grass and the buns love it to. It's also in large chunks so it helps wear their teeth down.

I didn't get the plus because it had yeast in, which I was trying to avoid because I thought it was upsetting my buns tummy.

Not sure if this helps though. Sorry

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

A couple of my buns would only eat Care Plus, (despite it's being far more expensive than SS etc :lol: ) The colours are for different flavours - Blackberry would always pick certain colours out first, so they obviously tasted different :) I bought mine from Amazon as they were really hard to find in any local shops. My buns always did well on them, even the buns with tummy troubles could tolerate these when they couldn't have other pellets. It's very much down to what suits each individual bunny best, same as with humans :)

I'm always very suspicious of Beaphar Care Plus, mainly because of the lack of information about it on their packets, leaflets etc. Not that I have any experience of the rabbit one, just the guinea pig one (which looks the same as the picture on this thread). The guinea pig one seems very tasty, and I've often resorted to it when I've had skinny pigs that need encouraging to eat!

Back