Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We Have Baby Bunnies!

Quote Originally Posted by Louise H View Post
    No. Because we have an upstairs down stairs hutch we took out the ladder and screwed a board down. We kept her upstairs with the seperste dark bedding area incase of a litter. So she needs lifting out for a run. He however had downstairs so he hops out and gas the run of the garden (when we are in). She'll need lifting into the pen now though (husband erected it this morning upon our discovery!).

I've replied to your PM

Let me know if you need any more help

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    I've replied to your PM

Let me know if you need any more help
    Thank you for your reply. I let mum out for a run today while dad was in the pen. She was skipping and running around as if she'd been locked up forever and eating grass like it was the best taste in the world! There's no filling her! I need to get her so alfalfa hay and pellets as that was recommended on a link someone sent. Thank you everyone for your help.

I've just been out and mums poo seems softer than normal. Possible diarrhoea. Is it an after affect of birth or should I be worried? She seems hungry enough and now she's had them she seems surprisingly tiny. A link suggested oat groats too to gain weight. Has anyone used these and if so are they from a pet shop or a naturals types shop? I can't gave a poorly mummy when she now has 3 dependents. I'm going to definitely be ringing the vet tomorrow but for now what do you wise guys think??

I've just been out and mums poo seems softer than normal. Possible diarrhoea. Is it an after affect of birth or should I be worried? She seems hungry enough and now she's had them she seems surprisingly tiny. A link suggested oat groats too to gain weight. Has anyone used these and if so are they from a pet shop or a naturals types shop? I can't gave a poorly mummy when she now has 3 dependents. I'm going to definitely be ringing the vet tomorrow but for now what do you wise guys think??

For extra energy and protein, you can give a pinch or two of porridge oats. I don't soak them, the buns usually love them

True diarrhoea is rare in rabbits - probably just softer poo? This could be related to a change in diet?

Thank you for your reply. I let mum out for a run today while dad was in the pen. She was skipping and running around as if she'd been locked up forever and eating grass like it was the best taste in the world! There's no filling her! I need to get her so alfalfa hay and pellets as that was recommended on a link someone sent. Thank you everyone for your help.

Glad you found it helpful

I believe the alfalfa hay and pellets was suggested on the link I PM'd you. I suggest upping her normal pellets as she will be used to these

Wise Old Thumper

Have you given her unlimited pellets? Or any other change to her diet?
    Please Remember to Advocate for your Rabbit.

'I have the responsibility to do what I want in a world of others, but so does everyone else and it works best if we take each other into account.' (EVD)

Please feel free to visit my therapy website and also my Professional Facebook page and Blog. You might find something interesting there!

Maybe she overdid it on the grass a little?

Rest in Peace my little Honey-Pie, I will love and miss you forever sweetheart xxxxxxxxxxx

She's had some more veg perhaps than usual like cucumber and carrot and we are giving her more pellets. We've not made it unlimited as surely she'll eat the pellets and not the hay. She doesn't seem to have eaten any hay at all in fact although she's not been eating much hay recently. I'll go and give her more pellets now. So I need to make the pellets unlimited too? She has burgers excel nuggets with mint at the moment. If I make this unlimited do I need to change the pellets to alfalfa of just her hay to alfalfa? I read some where they prefer alfalfa hay so would this be more appealing to her?? I've checked online about her poo and I don't think it's diarrhoea it's just extra Ceco. Possibly due to the extra veg??

She's had some more veg perhaps than usual like cucumber and carrot and we are giving her more pellets. We've not made it unlimited as surely she'll eat the pellets and not the hay. She doesn't seem to have eaten any hay at all in fact although she's not been eating much hay recently. I'll go and give her more pellets now. So I need to make the pellets unlimited too? She has burgers excel nuggets with mint at the moment. If I make this unlimited do I need to change the pellets to alfalfa of just her hay to alfalfa? I read some where they prefer alfalfa hay so would this be more appealing to her?? I've checked online about her poo and I don't think it's diarrhoea it's just extra Ceco. Possibly due to the extra veg??

Yes, it could well be due to the extra veg.

Alfalfa hay is *very* appealing to rabbits. I would mix it in with her normal hay, to get her still eating the stuff. Alfalfa hay is high in calcium, but if bladder sludge isn't an issue for her, then some mixed in would help to give her more energy and fatten her up a little

Thank you so much. You are life savers. Oh and the echinacea I'm using is what I bought from Holland and Barratt it's A.Vogal Echinaforce Echinachea Drops. So how much should I use per 100ml??