Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Bad idea to add another?

  1. #1
    Mama Doe Alicia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    4,045

    Default Bad idea to add another?

    Izzy and Joey are both around 8/9 years old and have lived together with no problems for 5 years. My boyfriends sister had two male rabbits but it turned out one was female so there were babies (the male and female are no longer together) there's one baby left looking for a home and I've been thinking about it a lot. I know my two are getting older, especially Izzy and part of me thinks it would be nice to have another one but I dont want to be selfish and upset my two. Thoughts?


    Archie - born October 2010
    Izzy - born July 2009

  2. #2
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    129,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alicia View Post
    Izzy and Joey are both around 8/9 years old and have lived together with no problems for 5 years. My boyfriends sister had two male rabbits but it turned out one was female so there were babies (the male and female are no longer together) there's one baby left looking for a home and I've been thinking about it a lot. I know my two are getting older, especially Izzy and part of me thinks it would be nice to have another one but I dont want to be selfish and upset my two. Thoughts?
    I wouldn't, if it aint broke I would not try to 'fix' it................

    I am sure there will be others who will be along and say the polar opposite though

  3. #3

    Default

    I wouldn't risk it with your older two- I would get a younger bun from a rescue, bond baby bun with that one and have two pairs!

  4. #4
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Village in North Hampshire
    Posts
    22,146

    Default

    I'm in the 'leave well alone' camp.

  5. #5
    Wise Old Thumper William's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    America
    Posts
    14,001

    Default

    Yeah considering their age I'd not bond another rabbit to them but I don't think it's a bad idea to get the baby and then another rabbit to bond to it. This way, when it's eventually one of your rabbits time, you wouldn't have to presumably quickly try and find another rabbit to bond to them, you could see if a trio would work instead. All depends on the personalities though of course.

  6. #6
    Forum Buddy Zoobec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    23,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    I wouldn't, if it aint broke I would not try to 'fix' it................

    I am sure there will be others who will be along and say the polar opposite though
    This

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitches View Post
    I wouldn't risk it with your older two- I would get a younger bun from a rescue, bond baby bun with that one and have two pairs!
    If you really are set on the baby this is what I would do. Although you would need to be aware of referred aggression though.

    Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •