• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

NZ white looking a bit scruffy? U/D I'm gonna have to let her go

Thanks everyone. I'm expecting a call from the vet around midday, hopefully we can bring her back home later today.

She's back home. The vet said there isn't anything else they can do now and she'd be happier at home. Her breathing is terrible, it wasn't anything like this yesterday morning so seems like she's just deteriorating quickly. They had given her oxygen treatment but not sure it has done anything. There are lots of shadows in her lungs causing it, the only way to tell what they are would be a scan but I'm not sure I'd be up for it even if I had the funds the way she is at the moment. Her left hind leg is still lame and the x-ray showed some changes in the bone.

It's not looking good is it. She's very passive, had the treats I gave her but otherwise just lying there.

Last edited:
She's back home. The vet said there isn't anything else they can do now and she'd be happier at home. Her breathing is terrible, it wasn't anything like this yesterday morning so seems like she's just deteriorating quickly. They had given her oxygen treatment but not sure it has done anything. There are lots of shadows in her lungs causing it, the only way to tell what they are would be a scan but I'm not sure I'd be up for it even if I had the funds the way she is at the moment. Her left hind leg is still lame and the x-ray showed some changes in the bone.

It's not looking good is it. She's very passive, had the treats I gave her but otherwise just lying there.

This is distressing for you :(

Hugs for you and vibes for bunny xx

Thank you.
To be honest at the moment I'm sort of hoping she'd just pass peacefully at home so that I wouldn't have to make the decision to PTS. Can't believe it's come to this.

Yes I know what you mean.

This sometimes does happen - they just take themselves away at the right time x

Hugs for you, at this very difficult time

greetings and condolences,-prey animals-{rabbits}- know they can not show fear/pain in the face of predatory animals-however-,this works against them-medically when they are domesticated.-by the time we notice a problem it is generally health is comprimized medical..rabbits are prone to internal/external abscess,s,etc.-it might behoove you to visit a websight medirabbit.com,--my deepest condolences at this time,--sincerely james waller

Thanks again everyone, really appreciate your thoughts and the good vibes.

She's perked up a bit, her breathing sounds normal again so I think stress definitely is a factor there. She's eating her pellets and veg just fine but not as much hay as usual. She's on Baytril, Metacam and Panacur and I'm taking her back to the vet's on Thursday. Poor girl is just a bag of bones now even though she's eating lots and poops look normal.

Last edited:
Thanks again everyone, really appreciate your thoughts and the good vibes.

She's perked up a bit, her breathing sounds normal again so I think stress definitely is a factor there. She's eating her pellets and veg just fine but not as much hay as usual. She's on Baytril, Metacam and Panacur and I'm taking her back to the vet's on Thursday. Poor girl is just a bag of bones now even though she's eating lots and poops look normal.

Sending you both loads of hugs. You're doing all you can xx

Back