• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's the age of the oldest bunny you have / had?

We had a family bun called Bo, lived until he was 12!
Got him from a Focus DIY store, fed him muesli diet and whole carrots :lol: my my how we know different now.
I think his secret to old age was lots of grass, exercise and TLC :love:

I have two at the bridge - Skye who was unknown age, estimated about 5/6 when she passed, but she was a frenchie.

Then Woody who was a small bun, he was nearly 8 when he passed earlier this year

I was way to young to remember the oldest rabbit we ever had. But when I grew up enough to appreciate them, it was like BOOM! Took over, big time. Parsley was our current rabbit when that happened, and he immediately became mine. Then I got two more for my birthday. My mom tells me that our old, passed rabbit Brownie was super old. Apparently he was with an owner for a long time, with our cousins for a long time, and ours for a long time. Once a bear attacked our rabbits and took them. But later, my dog found Brownie under the shed, the survivor. After that, we got an electric fence! But since Parsley is the one who I know how old he is, he is the one I will say is the oldest, even though he's not. Parsley is 8 years old. My dad's patient gave him and another super fluffy (some breed which is named Lion-something) rabbit, Louis. Parsley, the short haired one, we named Zeus. I was to young to come up with a better name, so my sister (or brother?) named him. Anyway, Louis died of severe dental problems :cry: Finally, I took over care of sweet 'Zeus.' He was a great rabbit. I didn't love his name, though. Its a good name, but it didn't suit him. So, noticing how much he absolutely LOVED parsley, more then any other rabbits, more then any veggie, I changed his name to Parsley. It suits him, and I can call him 'Lee' or 'Pars' or 'Parsa Larsa'. my friends call him 'Piz-ars-lee.' Don't ask me why. And that is the story of my old eight year old bunny...Parsley! :D

My apricot and chocolate harlequin lion boy Benji lived to be 10 years and 3 months. As a child, we had a lovely big Silver Fox bun who lived to be ten without a single vet's visit his entire life!

Charlie. My parents got him in secret from the local petshop as a family Easter present when I was about 4 (1987). He was probably 10 weeks? A little tiny agouti Netherland Dwarf. He was hilarious so I called him Charlie because there was a clown called Charlie. He lived his 3x2 hutch in the garage (car was outside :)) for a few weeks while my Dad made him a run, and then he was outside in his 6x4x2 run with hs hutch atached for years. We brought him in to the garage a few times over winter so he didn't freeze and then we gave up and just left him outsoide as he seemed happier. We just put old carpet and a good groundsheet over his hutch, with extra hay, so he had somewhere to go when it was cold :)

We had to change his muesli every time we finished a bag because he was a fussy devil. Never ate the oats though. He ate grass and hay, but not really anythng else: if you gave him a dandelion you were VERY lucky if he ate it! :lol: We got him vaccinated against Myxi once (it was a 6m jab! :shock:) and when he was about 8 my Dad thought he'd trodden on his head because he heard a scream as he got in and felt him run under his foot, and then he didn't eat anythng the next day. The day after that (!) we took him to the vets and it turned out there was nothing wrong with him except his incisors were overgrown. He went back about once a year to have them trimmed after that :)

He used to binky in summer. Mum thought at first the ants were biting him :lol: He also touched noses with a fox through the run mesh: they were in the garden all the time but learned quickly Charlie wasn't an easy meal, and Charlie was 'ard enough that he knew they couldn't get him. Only time he got really scared, apart from dogs in the garden (occasional visitors who came with family) was when cats were about and when he and the squirrel came out at exactly the same time and scared the bejeezus out of each other :lol:

He was never neutered: in 1987 it wasn't considered safe, especially on such a tiny thing! He was also never really handled: he enjoyed headrubs and the like but didn't like to be picked up and cuddled for more than 2mins. He hated the vet so much he attacked him once :lol:

He died of some sort of seizure on a snowy February Sunday morning in 1998. By the time my Mum, who'd witnessed it through the kitchen window, had gone out to see if he was OK, he'd practically passed. I've never seen my Dad cry so much :(

So he was probably 11. He had a damn good innings :)

We think my Schumi was 12 (garden centre old stock). He was a survivor - chronic tooth problems, ended up with virtually no teeth, and had awful flystrike aged 9. He defied all vets who told us frequently that he wouldn't survive another winter. Love and care saw to that.

Eddie was 10. Physically healthier than Schumi, and a haymonster, but we think he just went from old age.

I had left home before they died. My Mum decided no more bunnies as she couldn't handle another 12 years of stress!

Back