Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's the age of the oldest bunny you have / had?

Wise Old Thumper

Angel, Dawn and Lightning will be 10 on 3rd June. Dopey 1 will be 11 on 25th June. Autumn will be 8 at the end of June. Wish and Flame just turned seven.

The only one I've had older than Angel, Dawn, Lightning and Dopey 1 was Tubby, who was two months short of 12. And he was before my time of knowing about bunnies, so his diet and lifestyle is not what I look back and wish it had been. It's not how it would be if he was alive now.

Please Remember to Advocate for your Rabbit.

'I have the responsibility to do what I want in a world of others, but so does everyone else and it works best if we take each other into account.' (EVD)

Please feel free to visit my therapy website and also my Professional Facebook page and Blog. You might find something interesting there!

Benny is my only previous rabbit, he was just 6 years 10 months when he died. I got him in 1997 - the advice available for rabbit care back then was a lot less than it is now! He was vaccinated and neutered but his hutch wasn't to today's standards and he didn't have 24/7 access to a run. Wish I had him now to give him a better life, he was a lovely bun.

Oldest of my current rabbits is 2 years! 2 brothers from a litter surrendered to the rescue so both the same age although exact date of birth unknown. Millie was found as a stray last year so again age unknown but approx 1 year old now.

Rosie Netherland dwarf and half years
    We had thumper a female rabbit we found abdoned and adopted she was a french lop could of been anywhere between 9-13yrs when she left us

Not had much luck since with having any oldies 😢

Mama Doe

My first mini lop buck lived to 11 years and 1 month. I had to have him pts at the end, but I still say 'hello' to him every morning as he is buried just by my front door.

Quote Originally Posted by olices View Post
    13 xx

Quote Originally Posted by newbabybuns View Post
    My little bridge bunny Patch. A black and white dutch cross, with a black Patch in her white band (my mum chose her name!) She lived until 9 years 3 months. She was the surviving runt of an accidental litter (this is way back in the 90's by the way!) her mum Black Velvet died when she was very young so I brought her and her siblings up right from little.

Her eyes were cloudy, so we never knew quite what she could see, she had regular bouts of not eating, but would be tempted with her fave kale, would pass a big ceacal lump, and would be fine again. I used to sit in the vets holding a bag of fluids going into her and she may have had a course of Baytril which was pretty much all that was on offer for anything presented at the vets whatever the symptom! We were regulars at the vets with that! She wasn't spayed, was never vaccinated we just didnt really know the importance back then

I saw a huge hutch in the pet shop and made it my mission to buy it for her - 5ft! It was like the rolls Royce of hutches compared to anything I had ever seen and was thrilled when I could buy it for her, 120 which back then was a lot of money!

How things have changed since back then! I never knew how she made it so long against all the odds stacked against her. She was a real sweet little bunny
    Patch sounds like a truly inspirational bun

Quote Originally Posted by SJH View Post
    10 and a half.
    another great age

Quote Originally Posted by Sky-O View Post
    Angel, Dawn and Lightning will be 10 on 3rd June. Dopey 1 will be 11 on 25th June. Autumn will be 8 at the end of June. Wish and Flame just turned seven.

The only one I've had older than Angel, Dawn, Lightning and Dopey 1 was Tubby, who was two months short of 12. And he was before my time of knowing about bunnies, so his diet and lifestyle is not what I look back and wish it had been. It's not how it would be if he was alive now.
    Lots of long living bunnies My OH's bunnies as a child lived til 12 (never spayed, never saw vet, not really fed but on the upside loads of space, each others company & food they self foraged from a biggish garden

Quote Originally Posted by Casco View Post
    Benny is my only previous rabbit, he was just 6 years 10 months when he died. I got him in 1997 - the advice available for rabbit care back then was a lot less than it is now! He was vaccinated and neutered but his hutch wasn't to today's standards and he didn't have 24/7 access to a run. Wish I had him now to give him a better life, he was a lovely bun.

Oldest of my current rabbits is 2 years! 2 brothers from a litter surrendered to the rescue so both the same age although exact date of birth unknown. Millie was found as a stray last year so again age unknown but approx 1 year old now.
    I think this about my childhood bun . In fact I'd like all my bridge buns back to change what I could. You can return to this thread in 18 years & show off elderly Millie & the ancient brothers. Lots of happy years ahead for you & them I hope

Quote Originally Posted by mini lop1 View Post
    Rosie Netherland dwarf and half years
    We had thumper a female rabbit we found abdoned and adopted she was a french lop could of been anywhere between 9-13yrs when she left us

Not had much luck since with having any oldies ��
    More luck than me. 9-13 is great for a giant bun.