• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's the age of the oldest bunny you have / had?

Angel, Dawn and Lightning will be 10 on 3rd June. Dopey 1 will be 11 on 25th June. Autumn will be 8 at the end of June. Wish and Flame just turned seven.

The only one I've had older than Angel, Dawn, Lightning and Dopey 1 was Tubby, who was two months short of 12. And he was before my time of knowing about bunnies, so his diet and lifestyle is not what I look back and wish it had been. It's not how it would be if he was alive now.

Benny is my only previous rabbit, he was just 6 years 10 months when he died. I got him in 1997 - the advice available for rabbit care back then was a lot less than it is now! He was vaccinated and neutered but his hutch wasn't to today's standards and he didn't have 24/7 access to a run. Wish I had him now to give him a better life, he was a lovely bun.

Oldest of my current rabbits is 2 years! 2 brothers from a litter surrendered to the rescue so both the same age although exact date of birth unknown. Millie was found as a stray last year so again age unknown but approx 1 year old now.

Rosie Netherland dwarf and half years
We had thumper a female rabbit we found abdoned and adopted she was a french lop could of been anywhere between 9-13yrs when she left us

Not had much luck since with having any oldies 😢

My first mini lop buck lived to 11 years and 1 month. I had to have him pts at the end, but I still say 'hello' to him every morning as he is buried just by my front door.

My little bridge bunny Patch. A black and white dutch cross, with a black Patch in her white band (my mum chose her name!) She lived until 9 years 3 months. She was the surviving runt of an accidental litter (this is way back in the 90's by the way!) her mum Black Velvet died when she was very young so I brought her and her siblings up right from little.

Her eyes were cloudy, so we never knew quite what she could see, she had regular bouts of not eating, but would be tempted with her fave kale, would pass a big ceacal lump, and would be fine again. I used to sit in the vets holding a bag of fluids going into her and she may have had a course of Baytril which was pretty much all that was on offer for anything presented at the vets whatever the symptom! We were regulars at the vets with that! She wasn't spayed, was never vaccinated we just didnt really know the importance back then :shock:

I saw a huge hutch in the pet shop and made it my mission to buy it for her - 5ft! It was like the rolls Royce of hutches compared to anything I had ever seen and was thrilled when I could buy it for her, £120 which back then was a lot of money!

How things have changed since back then! I never knew how she made it so long against all the odds stacked against her. She was a real sweet little bunny :love:

Patch sounds like a truly inspirational bun

Angel, Dawn and Lightning will be 10 on 3rd June. Dopey 1 will be 11 on 25th June. Autumn will be 8 at the end of June. Wish and Flame just turned seven.

The only one I've had older than Angel, Dawn, Lightning and Dopey 1 was Tubby, who was two months short of 12. And he was before my time of knowing about bunnies, so his diet and lifestyle is not what I look back and wish it had been. It's not how it would be if he was alive now.

Lots of long living bunnies :) My OH's bunnies as a child lived til 12 (never spayed, never saw vet, not really fed but on the upside loads of space, each others company & food they self foraged from a biggish garden

Benny is my only previous rabbit, he was just 6 years 10 months when he died. I got him in 1997 - the advice available for rabbit care back then was a lot less than it is now! He was vaccinated and neutered but his hutch wasn't to today's standards and he didn't have 24/7 access to a run. Wish I had him now to give him a better life, he was a lovely bun.

Oldest of my current rabbits is 2 years! 2 brothers from a litter surrendered to the rescue so both the same age although exact date of birth unknown. Millie was found as a stray last year so again age unknown but approx 1 year old now.

I think this about my childhood bun . In fact I'd like all my bridge buns back to change what I could. You can return to this thread in 18 years & show off elderly Millie & the ancient brothers. Lots of happy years ahead for you & them I hope

Rosie Netherland dwarf and half years
We had thumper a female rabbit we found abdoned and adopted she was a french lop could of been anywhere between 9-13yrs when she left us

Not had much luck since with having any oldies ��

More luck than me. 9-13 is great for a giant bun.:thumb:

I don't have much luck with bunnies :(

Simba and Tinkerbell were 3, Sooty was 7 and Louie was 5.

My oldest so far was Comet , a nethie cross, who was probably about 8. He was from a rescue where he'd been for over a year as no one wanted a black bunny with a torn ear and an attitude. He'd been brought in to them in a group of un-neutered males and he'd been attacked by the others. They were in a small hutch with no roof -just a tarpaulin over the top. He used to lunge at anyone putting their hand in the hutch. I bonded him with Lucy and he lived a lovely life until he died suddenly one night last November. It used to make me laugh that everyone was scared of him, but when I picked him up, he would snuggle into me and was the loveliest bunny.
My oldest of my current buns are Lavender and Jet, mini Rex sisters who will be 6 in September.

Reading this thread terrifies me. Petra is 3 already. I'm scared to think we only have a few years together [emoji25][emoji24]

4 :cry: and I have 8 at the bridge.... worst luck in the world when it comes to rabbits.

eta: some were strays/rescues so may have been older, however I very much doubt it.

Last edited:
Daisy at 7 was the oldest bunny I have had, even though she was a pretty large breed and all the others were small, apart from Digby :(

I've only ever had two buns,both at the bridge Cleo,otter mini lop,died aged 4 from severe bloat.Rio mixed mini lop died aged 8.Miss them.:(

Back