• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help! My bonded buns are fighting!

They are only supervised at the moment I feel I still can't trust
c19a67a3bc5cf7180a105e8906bddc59.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Oh dear

Well first off are both Rabbits free of any serious injuries ? Puncture wounds in particular as these can be hard to detect when 'fresh' and they are the type of fight wound most likely to lead to abscess formation. So I'd have a very thorough feel over both Buns as a few hours after a fight a puncture wound will have 'hardened up' and thus be easier to feel under thick fur. Checking under the dewlap area and around the genitals in particular, also check that their eyes are not weepy/gunky. A fight can lead to a Rabbit getting a scratched/bitten eye/eyelid.

When a previously bonded pair suddenly fight the first thing I consider is could one of them be unwell in some way. For example if one Rabbit has a sore mouth due to molar spurs they may not be able to eat very quickly. So they may become 'food aggressive' and try to stop their partner from eating all the food. Or a Rabbit may pick up on a vulnerability in their partner and start to bully them. So a thorough Vet check may be a good idea.

Could something have scared the pair ? A predator outside maybe ?

Spring Fever can effect even neutered Rabbits, making them rather bolshy and stroppy. But somehow I am not sure that Spring Fever is the main issue in this situation. I may be wrong though, I often am !!
Ok so just a little update . They are fine together until Toby trys to hump Millie (which he hasn't done since he was neatured) then Millie spins round to fight him with her tail up. Then they will fight. One moment they are so relaxed and loved up ...The next he wants to hump and she fights . What do you think? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Back