Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi, I'm new here & new to rabbits!!

Default Hi, I'm new here & new to rabbits!!

Hi all, I'm hoping for a bit of help. So I have two bunnies, had for a couple of weeks now. Every night I will go out to where they are and shut them in their hutch but reading a few threads it looks like I shouldn't be doing that!! They live in the summer house but there's no light in there. So come night time will they be ok just left with the run of the place! Will they be able to see!! I'm just scared that they will hurt themselves!! Thanks Sarah

Alpha Buck

Welcome to RU Sarah2211
    Whilst it is not directly the same, wildies seem happy to stay out during the hours of darkness

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Hi, and welcome to the forum my house bunny gets around fine at night with the light off would love to see photos of your bunnies

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

welcome to RU Sarah. I'm sure they'll be fine, they appear to have good night vision & I'm sure they'll appreciate the extra space x

Warren Veteran

Hi and welcome to the forum. My rabbits are outside and I have a light on for them in their shed, but that is for my benefit I switch their light off when I go to bed and they have always been fine in the dark.

Hi Welcome

I think they'd love that if you can leave them out.

Our buns are fine overnight with no light, but you could put something in there if you want to. I have a solar light in the shed and you can also get those round lights which you can stick or screw to the wall and some are motion sensitive, no wires or anything x

**created by my DD Lionheadlop**

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah2211 View Post
    Hi all, I'm hoping for a bit of help. So I have two bunnies, had for a couple of weeks now. Every night I will go out to where they are and shut them in their hutch but reading a few threads it looks like I shouldn't be doing that!! They live in the summer house but there's no light in there. So come night time will they be ok just left with the run of the place! Will they be able to see!! I'm just scared that they will hurt themselves!! Thanks Sarah

Welcome

Some useful info here:

http://www.therabbithouse.com

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Hi, and welcome to the forum my house bunny gets around fine at night with the light off would love to see photos of your bunnies
    Aww thank you. I would love to show my bunnies off but for some reason it's saying I can't upload photos!!

Brilliant thanks everyone for the replies, I'll leave the hutch open for them to run around tonight. Every morning when I open their hutch door they come flying out as if to say what the hell did you do to us lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah2211 View Post
    Aww thank you. I would love to show my bunnies off but for some reason it's saying I can't upload photos!!

Some help here maybe?

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...to-Post-Photos