• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi, I'm new here & new to rabbits!!

Sarah2211

Young Bun
Hi all, I'm hoping for a bit of help. So I have two bunnies, had for a couple of weeks now. Every night I will go out to where they are and shut them in their hutch but reading a few threads it looks like I shouldn't be doing that!! They live in the summer house but there's no light in there. So come night time will they be ok just left with the run of the place! Will they be able to see!! I'm just scared that they will hurt themselves!! Thanks Sarah

Welcome to RU Sarah2211
Whilst it is not directly the same, wildies seem happy to stay out during the hours of darkness [emoji4]

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Hi, and welcome to the forum:wave: my house bunny gets around fine at night with the light off :thumb: would love to see photos of your bunnies:love:

welcome to RU Sarah. I'm sure they'll be fine, they appear to have good night vision & I'm sure they'll appreciate the extra space x

Hi and welcome to the forum. My rabbits are outside and I have a light on for them in their shed, but that is for my benefit :) I switch their light off when I go to bed and they have always been fine in the dark.

Hi :wave: Welcome :)

I think they'd love that if you can leave them out.

Our buns are fine overnight with no light, but you could put something in there if you want to. I have a solar light in the shed and you can also get those round lights which you can stick or screw to the wall and some are motion sensitive, no wires or anything x

Hi all, I'm hoping for a bit of help. So I have two bunnies, had for a couple of weeks now. Every night I will go out to where they are and shut them in their hutch but reading a few threads it looks like I shouldn't be doing that!! They live in the summer house but there's no light in there. So come night time will they be ok just left with the run of the place! Will they be able to see!! I'm just scared that they will hurt themselves!! Thanks Sarah

Welcome :wave:

Some useful info here:

http://www.therabbithouse.com

Hi, and welcome to the forum:wave: my house bunny gets around fine at night with the light off :thumb: would love to see photos of your bunnies:love:

Aww thank you. I would love to show my bunnies off but for some reason it's saying I can't upload photos!!

Brilliant thanks everyone for the replies, I'll leave the hutch open for them to run around tonight. Every morning when I open their hutch door they come flying out as if to say what the hell did you do to us lol.

If you are using your mobile, are you using Tapatalk?

I think it is easier to attach photos?
2a530e09bf1f55b9fdf4bc0094d8c21d.jpg

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Back