• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping outdoor run dry

Bunneywell

New Kit
Hello,

I have my rabbits in an outdoor run but am having trouble keeping the rain away. Their hutch and run are covered with a large polythene sheet which keeps the direct rainfall out, but the run is on a patio which is not completely level with each neighbouring slab, meaning the run does not sit completely plush to the ground all the way around, so any rain that falls just drains into the run causing puddles.

As you can imagine my rabbits are not impressed with this so I am just after some suggestions please. I wondered whether it would be worth putting down some vinyl as the flooring instead and the run can then sit on this, and hopefully the thickness of the vinyl would fill any gaps?

Many thanks

I think that vynil might get very slippy when it was wet, and also mean that the water couldn't drain away properly. You could raise up the area of the run with other slabs, or use marine ply to raise it up and use flooring such as rubber stable matting in top.

Back