Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: French lop dragging hind legs

Wise Old Thumper

I would avoid all creatures but can highly recommend Faye Bethell at Toll Barn. Don't have time to say more now. She is exceptional with complex bunnies and has seen several complex bunnies from this forum.
    Please Remember to Advocate for your Rabbit.

'I have the responsibility to do what I want in a world of others, but so does everyone else and it works best if we take each other into account.' (EVD)

Please feel free to visit my therapy website and also my Professional Facebook page and Blog. You might find something interesting there!

Thanks everyone. I will give All Creatures Great and Small a go unless anyone suggests a particular vet in the meantime as tlcwrites suggested, their website looks promising. A bit of weekend research first though so I can go in armed with possible causes based on his symptoms, hopefully it will help speed up diagnosis. I'll keep you posted x

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by DigbyRabbit View Post
    Thanks everyone. I will give All Creatures Great and Small a go unless anyone suggests a particular vet in the meantime as tlcwrites suggested, their website looks promising. A bit of weekend research first though so I can go in armed with possible causes based on his symptoms, hopefully it will help speed up diagnosis. I'll keep you posted x
    Did you see Sky-O's post?

" ...I would avoid all creatures but can highly recommend Faye Bethell at Toll Barn. Don't have time to say more now. She is exceptional with complex bunnies and has seen several complex bunnies from this forum..."

Quote Originally Posted by Babsie View Post
    Did you see Sky-O's post?

Recommended by Sky-O on original post

https://www.tollbarnvets.co.uk/staff

Wise Old Thumper

Thanks MightyMax and Babsie. Can't recommend Faye high enough. Just this week she performed a successful complex surgery on a teeny tiny hamster (one that All Creatures failed on, and charged 1/3 the price), and she even remembers my bunny she saw 5 years ago and enquired how he was. Thanks to her he is still alive and bright. She also treated some really complex and unwell bunnies from the forum (you can look up Grim and Smoo to find out more). She is very personable, explains things well, is excellent with the animals and it's all very reasonable priced too!
    Please Remember to Advocate for your Rabbit.

'I have the responsibility to do what I want in a world of others, but so does everyone else and it works best if we take each other into account.' (EVD)

Please feel free to visit my therapy website and also my Professional Facebook page and Blog. You might find something interesting there!

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Sky-O View Post
    Thanks MightyMax and Babsie. Can't recommend Faye high enough. Just this week she performed a successful complex surgery on a teeny tiny hamster (one that All Creatures failed on, and charged 1/3 the price), and she even remembers my bunny she saw 5 years ago and enquired how he was. Thanks to her he is still alive and bright. She also treated some really complex and unwell bunnies from the forum (you can look up Grim and Smoo to find out more). She is very personable, explains things well, is excellent with the animals and it's all very reasonable priced too!
    Don't think she could be recommended more highly than that!

Hello all. I have just taken Digby to see the vets in North Walsham who I would highly recommend. The vet agreed that the most likely cause of his paresis is EC and has given Digby a 28 day course of pancur to start while the blood tests come through. She also said to do some physio with him in the meantime to rebuild the muscle in his legs in the hope that he will become mobile again. Just keeping my fingers crossed that this helps him as this sounds like a last resort from the way the vet spoke.

Thanks again for everyone's advice.

Hello all. I have just taken Digby to see the vets in North Walsham who I would highly recommend. The vet agreed that the most likely cause of his paresis is EC and has given Digby a 28 day course of pancur to start while the blood tests come through. She also said to do some physio with him in the meantime to rebuild the muscle in his legs in the hope that he will become mobile again. Just keeping my fingers crossed that this helps him as this sounds like a last resort from the way the vet spoke.

Thanks again for everyone's advice.

Well done you for getting him such good care and treatment

Vibes for Digby.

Common wisdom has it that you must bleach clean litter trays (1% bleach is fine) and clean the environment - steam or whatever you can - on days 21 and 28 of treatment with Panacur. This is to interrupt the life cycle of the parasite.

I have never known a vet to recommend this though, so it's up to you if you do it

I'll give anything a go which will could help him at this stage. I replaced his carpet with carpet samples which are bleachable so could add a bit of bleach to the carpet cleaner for them too. Just need to get the pancur into the stubborn boy now which is easier said than done! It takes one of us to hold him and another to administer mediation or bathe him and even that's a struggle.

Sorry SKY-O, I didn't see your post earlier (didn't notice that there was a second page posts) warning against all creatures but thanks as your advice was spot on about Faye x

Alpha Buck

I'll give anything a go which will could help him at this stage. I replaced his carpet with carpet samples which are bleachable so could add a bit of bleach to the carpet cleaner for them too. Just need to get the pancur into the stubborn boy now which is easier said than done! It takes one of us to hold him and another to administer mediation or bathe him and even that's a struggle.

Sorry SKY-O, I didn't see your post earlier (didn't notice that there was a second page posts) warning against all creatures but thanks as your advice was spot on about Faye x
    Currently with you on medicating/bathing difficulties. Just a thought (though you have probably tried something similar to this), I spread the Panacur paste on a very small (as small as it need be) piece of (cold, hard) toast and he generally goes for it