Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Netherland Dwarf

Hybrid View

Default Netherland Dwarf

Hi there,

I've recently got a female Netherland dwarf, she's just over 10 weeks old and weighs 450 grams. I'm unsure that she's 100% Nethe though, the breeder told me that she was but her ears are a bit bigger than my male Netherland and they sit differently than his. My question is, do rabbits ears grow and how can I tell if she's a mixed breed? The only reason I'm worried is that if she get's much bigger than he is (900 grams) then I may not have enough room for her Thanks

Why wouldn't you have enough room for her?
    A single small to medium size rabbit should have 60sqft, the same as a pair of small to medium sized rabbits.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I'm just worried that the cage I got said it was suitable for 2 small sized rabbits and if she get's bigger I'll need to get a bigger cage. They have the run of the house for most of the day, I very rarely keep them caged up as I like them to be free!

There's lots of information on the RWAF site about housing
    http://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-housing/
    Are you planning on bonding the two of them? Obviously we all need to see pictures of your two cuties too!

Quote Originally Posted by Georgia2394 View Post
    Hi there,

I've recently got a female Netherland dwarf, she's just over 10 weeks old and weighs 450 grams. I'm unsure that she's 100% Nethe though, the breeder told me that she was but her ears are a bit bigger than my male Netherland and they sit differently than his. My question is, do rabbits ears grow and how can I tell if she's a mixed breed? The only reason I'm worried is that if she get's much bigger than he is (900 grams) then I may not have enough room for her Thanks

A good breeder will always show you the mother and father, and give you the complete history of any rabbit you purchase.

Have you not much space for your rabbits?

Welcome to the forum by the way

Hello. I have a pair of beautiful Nethies. My female has slightly bigger ears and I was told females have a narrow face which can make the ears look bigger.
    She is slightly heavier but only just over a kilo. I think Nethies can be up to 1.2kg.

However all buns need lots of room so not sure why her being a big bigger would mean you wouldn't have enough room.

My Nethies like to sprint at full speed around the living room! I call them poppet rockets. Haha.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mervinius; 19-05-2017 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mervinius View Post
    Hello. I have a pair of beautiful Nethies. My female has slightly bigger ears and I was told females have a narrow face which can make the ears look bigger.
    She is slightly heavier but only just over a kilo. I think Nethies can be up to 1.2kg.

However all buns need lots of room so not sure why her being a big bigger would mean you wouldn't have enough room.

My Nethies like to sprint at full speed around the living room! I can them poppet rockets. Haha.

This my current house bunny is the smallest rabbit I've had, but he is the most acrobatic of all, and loves jumping on things, and from platform to platform!

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    This my current house bunny is the smallest rabbit I've had, but he is the most acrobatic of all, and loves jumping on things, and from platform to platform!
    I've found this as well. Fudgie is a nethie cross and she is definitely the "bounciest" and most hyperactive bunny I've had!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post
    I've found this as well. Fudgie is a nethie cross and she is definitely the "bounciest" and most hyperactive bunny I've had!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is absolutely true

You have to have an enormous space for the big personality of a Nethie

You could pop a picture on here and I'm sure someone could help with the size of the cage. :-)