• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New aviary for the bunnies/ New run!

vee-jay

Mama Doe
I have started making a new cage for my two rabbits (who are currently wreaking havoc in the spare room), thought I would post it up here as I do it- will give me more motivation to finish :lol:

Started by marking out the space- 3m by 3m

XqLsiQm.jpg

Then took up the grass- and some soil as well

0GokPjp.jpg

covered the ground in some run panels I joined together to prevent them digging out and things digging in

u6lyBtx.jpg

Next stage is to assemble the aviary

Last edited:
Wanted to get it finished today but they have sent the wrong roof part so will have to wait for them to send the right one :(
jMrN5FU.jpg

This looks so amazing, thank you so much for sharing - it took me forever to build mine!
...where is the main kit from, if it's ok to ask?
M

Ah yes, I've longingly looked at Omlet before! ...how fox/cat-proof does it seem; safe to leave the buns in overnight?
Mx

Taking shape already :) will you be rainproofing the run? I have a bit of an obsession at the moment with rainproofing so I'm always looking for clever ideas!

Looks great. I have two Omlet walk in runs attached to welfare hutches via pipe connectors and meshed underneath. Mine are covered with the heavy duty Omlet roof covers to keep rain out and shade them in hot weather with clear covers on the most exposed sides. I've had them for two and half years and moved house with them, my buns have been safe from predators in all that time. The mesh - it's not mesh really - is incredibly strong, the welfare hutch guy had to fetch extra tools to cut through it when he was attaching my hutches.

Omlet were really good and I got the right pole on tuesday evening so today I have finished the cage and started to put the grass in :)
N5z88s3.jpg

Taking shape already :) will you be rainproofing the run? I have a bit of an obsession at the moment with rainproofing so I'm always looking for clever ideas!

Yes I do plan to but Im not sure if I will buy the omlet covers or buy some from elsewhere.

Back