• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

One by One my Rabbits Are Trying to Finish me Off !

Well after having reported a few days ago that my rabbits are not relaxed enough to do this, I had a horrid shock yesterday evening :shock: Tethra was lying similar to Elyse with Tan lying awake with her head and front paws over him. I couldn't see him breathing so spoke to him, which always gets an alert response. Nothing. I touched him, expecting him to spring up in fright. Nothing. I picked him up and put him on all four paws. He flopped. Then very slowly he seemed to rouse himself. I watched him for ages and he seemed OK and has been all day today. But I really thought I'd lost him.

Well after having reported a few days ago that my rabbits are not relaxed enough to do this, I had a horrid shock yesterday evening :shock: Tethra was lying similar to Elyse with Tan lying awake with her head and front paws over him. I couldn't see him breathing so spoke to him, which always gets an alert response. Nothing. I touched him, expecting him to spring up in fright. Nothing. I picked him up and put him on all four paws. He flopped. Then very slowly he seemed to rouse himself. I watched him for ages and he seemed OK and has been all day today. But I really thought I'd lost him.

Crikey, that scenario would tip me over the edge !!

Your bunnies are masters of the DBF! As much as its heart stopping for us, it's lovely for them that they know they live somewhere they feel so safe that they can relax that much :love:

Luna did that once :shock: not quite as bad, but i talked, booped her nose, poked her, nada. only once I picked her up and whispered in her ear did I get a response!

mine do not seem to flop like that, however they lay without looking like they're breathing, nose twitches, ear twitches. I always think they're dead! i only know they're not as they have their heads held up!!

Back