• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice re. house move and introducing other animals please!

sierra*323

Mama Doe
Sorry if this is in the wrong place - it didn't seem specific to health/behaviour/housing!

We find ourselves needing to move out of our rental due to a change of circumstances and will be moving in with the in laws temporarily.

I have 2 bonded pairs in outdoor set ups and a cat. The in laws have a single free range outdoor bun and a dog. How can I make the best of this situation for a few months?

My buns live happily in their pairs with a small strip of no man's land between their runs, but chase a bit when the other pair is out for supervised play.

I'm worried that they'll be stressed by the sight of the dog (he obviously won't be able to get in but they won't know!) And that they'll be living in the middle of the other bun's territory. I wondered about screening off the outside of their runs but then thought they might not like not being able to see out.

I'm also worried about the cat but that's another story!

Sorry for the essay - any tips would be appreciated!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'd go for a little temporary fence around the two enclosures so the other rabbit can't get too close and neither can the dog.
I'd also provide them extra hide holes while in the new environment.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks, that could help. Dyou think I could fix it to the outside of the runs or would I need a gap?

Maybe I could use some tarp to break their line of sight? Or get one of those puppy pens I see a lot on here.

Back