• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit poop changes

Zoobec

Staff member
As we know, changes in poop size can be a sign of something wrong. But I'm amazed at how quickly Frosty's poops changed to being even smaller and darker when he has pet shop hay, which is greener and finer stuff. I bought the bag of pet shop stuff when he came to me as it looked nice, but quickly realised he prefers the baled hay, which is much stalkier:thumb: instead of using it up on him so as not to waste it I should have fed it the goats :lol:

As he is only a diddy bunny his poops are a lot smaller than I've been used to seeing! Thankfully nice golden poops have resumed. I even found one on my coffee table :shock::lol:

That is mad that even a change of hay can affect poo quality . Was he eating less?

I'm worried I've created three fussy monsters now who used to get on fine with baled hay and are now on timothy & ings for the interim (I hope) They ignore the green lush smelling Ings til the stalky timothy has all gone.

That is mad that even a change of hay can affect poo quality . Was he eating less?

I'm worried I've created three fussy monsters now who used to get on fine with baled hay and are now on timothy & ings for the interim (I hope) They ignore the green lush smelling Ings til the stalky timothy has all gone.

He ate a bit less for part of the day that the green hay was in his cd rack - I mean hay tower :lol: But I am always amazed at how much hay he can eat for a diddy bunny :lol:

the indignity our bunnies suffer, having their poo investigated, dissected, analysed, rated (mine get marks out of 10) & then we show photos of it to the world :lol: Sometimes (but not often) I'm glad I'm not a bunny

the indignity our bunnies suffer, having their poo investigated, dissected, analysed, rated (mine get marks out of 10) & then we show photos of it to the world :lol: Sometimes (but not often) I'm glad I'm not a bunny

How did you know I'd squished the smaller green ones between my finger and thumb to compare its texture with a normal poop :shock: :lol:

Well it's no more than Gillian McKeith on You Are What you Eat :lol:

Bring us yr poo :shock::shock:

Back