Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Do Rabbits suffer from Stress??

  1. #11
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    27,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clutterydrawer View Post
    I just logged in specially to post this! Glad it's doing the rounds - I thought it might be a handy thing to show new rabbit owners to prove that rabbits do have complex needs and that we're not all just making a fuss about nothing

    Thank you clutterydrawer

    Yes, the number of people who say rabbits are 'boring' because they just sit in a hutch all day. Doh We'd be pretty dull sitting in a small prison year after year with nothing to do and no one to talk with!

  2. #12
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    27,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    I may print a few of these out. More than once I've seen a lonely imprisoned bunny when out walking & wish I had some literature to pass on. I think this explains things nicely



    I thought you were going to say you were tempted to break open their little prisons!

  3. #13
    Warren Veteran daphnephoebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    7,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
    I get really fed up with people making comments about how spoilt my bunnies are just because they have a reasonable amount of space. Does anyone else get that?
    All the time.
    There is another rabbit nut at one of the businesses inside my shop. She's got her buns who are just as well cared for as mine - we're always comparing things and sharing ideas.

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

  4. #14
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    27,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    All the time.
    There is another rabbit nut at one of the businesses inside my shop. She's got her buns who are just as well cared for as mine - we're always comparing things and sharing ideas.

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

    Absolutely right dp .. Our rabbits are not spoilt, just simply well cared for

  5. #15
    Warren Scout Zarla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Thank you clutterydrawer

    Yes, the number of people who say rabbits are 'boring' because they just sit in a hutch all day. Doh We'd be pretty dull sitting in a small prison year after year with nothing to do and no one to talk with!
    This is so true. Cats and dogs are exactly the same if imprisoned in tiny cages; it's not as if they are mega lively, they become subdued and curl up too.

  6. #16
    Warren Scout Sharpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
    I get really fed up with people making comments about how spoilt my bunnies are just because they have a reasonable amount of space. Does anyone else get that?
    I get this all the time!! When i say i want to make their house look nicer, or buy a newer tube as theirs is looking a bit... wrecked, i get "They have enough, they're spoilt rotten as it is, they dont need half of what you give them!"

    The way i see it is they're my babies, although i didnt personally give birth to them.. and i want my babies to have the most amazing life possible!
    I'd like for them to live in a massive house, beautifully decorated with enough toys to keep them entertained for hours!
    And enough yummy foods to keep them content and never hungry

    (I do sometimes go overboard on toys - but mainly on events like birthdays! So that's OK!...RIGHT? xD)
    Yes, my bunnies are my children - in fact they're my Fluff Babies! <3

  7. #17
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    27,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    I get this all the time!! When i say i want to make their house look nicer, or buy a newer tube as theirs is looking a bit... wrecked, i get "They have enough, they're spoilt rotten as it is, they dont need half of what you give them!"

    The way i see it is they're my babies, although i didnt personally give birth to them.. and i want my babies to have the most amazing life possible!
    I'd like for them to live in a massive house, beautifully decorated with enough toys to keep them entertained for hours!
    And enough yummy foods to keep them content and never hungry

    (I do sometimes go overboard on toys - but mainly on events like birthdays! So that's OK!...RIGHT? xD)

    RIGHT

    But it was *my* birthday yesterday and you didn't get me any new toys

  8. #18
    Mama Doe clarebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bedfordshire, England
    Posts
    3,267

    Default

    So good to see that piece from the BBC. It makes me so angry the way some people keep their bunnies. Like you say ours aren't spoilt just cared for properly!

  9. #19
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    27,748

    Default

    I have just watched the bit about rabbits from the 'Trust me I'm a vet' series.

    Go here if you want to watch:

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...s-1-episode-2#

    It's about 7 minutes in.

    What did you think of it, if you watched it?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •