Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello - Week 2 of Stasis (Long read sorry)

Being honest, I'm not sure. Will have to ask when the vet rings for her nightly update & will relay back.

Just happy he's put on weight for now, see how that goes over the coming days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidditherabbit View Post
    Being honest, I'm not sure. Will have to ask when the vet rings for her nightly update & will relay back.

Just happy he's put on weight for now, see how that goes over the coming days.

Yes, it's going in the right direction, and that's a good thing. It's always a worry when weight falls off a rabbit, as their immune system can go to pot as well!

Hey. With the bun bun.. Poops larger but a bit soft now! Ah trying to find equilibrium! He's made the odd teeth grind tonight. Couple over 30 mins, is that the stress of all this? He's calmed down my lap already with a bit of purring

His cecotropes are now really soft.. Sounds like too much fibre now.

Time for that referral I think

His cecotropes are now really soft.. Sounds like too much fibre now.

Time for that referral I think

Too much fibre will usually result in firmer poops. Fruit and carbs can contribute to softer poops.

What's he being fed?

Critical care and hay at the moment. The only thing that's been added has been fibreplex and subq fluids. Again, his bloodwork was fine. They were quite softy last night but tonight they were too soft

Vet believes it's from some slightly indigestible fiber, they will reduce fibreplex overnight and hopefully will settle. Ahhhh need equilibrium with his belly so much atm :-///

Vet believes it's from some slightly indigestible fiber, they will reduce fibreplex overnight and hopefully will settle. Ahhhh need equilibrium with his belly so much atm :-///
    Recovery from a serious gut problem can take weeks and weeks. It actually took almost a year to get one of my Rabbit's very serious and chronic gut problem under control. There can be a few relapses along the way too.

What medication is Siddi on now ?

Thinking of you and sending vibes xx

They sound like they know what they are doing/ (vets)

Same Meds.. but they've added cisaprimide or however it's spelt along fibreplex as he was trying to gnaw everything. Problem is too much of it in a day and it becomes indigestible which is why he was pooping it out. Over night they said it's hardened up and now they're going to take down the dosage a bit. Apparently he's had a good graze of hay over night too, so small steps in the right direction perhaps