Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Hello - Week 2 of Stasis (Long read sorry)

Warren Veteran

I agree, the fact that he seems very content with life at the moment, is the most important thing for him.

Hey gang,

Hope you're all well.

Soooo - Sid is still going well. He's having some adventures in the garden and really got his personality back bar the odd wobbles. Looks like Fibreplex and Metacam are really helping which is ideal given the weather for the past few days.

His poops have increased slightly but he still scatters the odd small one and also what appears to be a double joined one, almost like cuboid/cylinder poop. Is that anything to worry about? He hit >150 poops yesterday and I'd count 5 or so were like that (it was painstaking).. I can imagine it probably means gut is spluttering a bit, any particular veggies/twigs that can assist motility that might help get it into 5th gear? There is no point giving him GI motility drugs atm when it's not serious, I guess it would be better to save them in case stasis returned. So close to getting that ignition for poops perfect!

Hope all is well with you!

All the best
    Rich

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Sidditherabbit View Post
    Hey gang,

Hope you're all well.

Soooo - Sid is still going well. He's having some adventures in the garden and really got his personality back bar the odd wobbles. Looks like Fibreplex and Metacam are really helping which is ideal given the weather for the past few days.

His poops have increased slightly but he still scatters the odd small one and also what appears to be a double joined one, almost like cuboid/cylinder poop. Is that anything to worry about? He hit >150 poops yesterday and I'd count 5 or so were like that (it was painstaking).. I can imagine it probably means gut is spluttering a bit, any particular veggies/twigs that can assist motility that might help get it into 5th gear? There is no point giving him GI motility drugs atm when it's not serious, I guess it would be better to save them in case stasis returned. So close to getting that ignition for poops perfect!

All the best
    Rich
    Glad to hear a good update about Siddi. Re the occasional odd shaped poo, I would not stress about it too much for now. Encouraging him to eat as much hay as possible and keeping his fluids intake up will help. If you can access some fresh brambles, eg blackberry leaves, they may be useful for Siddi too.

Perfect, cheers. Yeah living in a village means plenty of blackberry trees scattered around the place, will have a walk after work and grab him a couple. Thank you!

Hey gang,

Hope you're all well.

All the best
    Rich

Good to hear he's got to being himself again! Hopefully the wobbles won't get any worse.

You are very diligent to study his poops so thoroughly! I don't think I would worry about the odd few being .. odd

There's a good thread here about stasis and forage, by our lovely lady Thumps who has sadly just lost her beloved Benjie:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ns-tree-leaves

Thank you for the guide!

His wobbles haven't got any worse since the 5th May - I'm convinced they've actually got less frequent and with the weight he has put back on I believe they're to a degree not as bad. Pretty certain it's neurological damage from a 3-4 minute fit as opposed to a disease or illness. Asked the vet for any physiotherapy exercises we can give him in the hope it aids it a bit more. Fingers crossed it doesn't get any worse too! Thank you!

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Glad to hear a good update about Siddi. Re the occasional odd shaped poo, I would not stress about it too much for now. Encouraging him to eat as much hay as possible and keeping his fluids intake up will help. If you can access some fresh brambles, eg blackberry leaves, they may be useful for Siddi too.
    I agree with these points. My rabbits all very often have poo, which does not conform to the accepted optimum, sometimes in size and very often in colour, mostly in the Summer. The variation occurs depending on their type of food. Lots of fresh grass and forage tends to make them a darker colour. I have very recently had some Green Oat Hay delivered, which is being devoured at a fantastic rate and subsequently, as expected, the poos have now reverted to golden. Water is important and a good amount should be encouraged.

Bramble leaves are fantastic for rabbits' tummies, but I'm not sure whether they will make the poo golden, I suspect not. But if you disregard the accepted advice regarding colour of poo, the advantages of eating Brambles are welcome. Once you have got him used to eating them, you could increase the amount that you feed.

Good stuff, we will see what we can find him.

Cheers

Thank you for the guide!

His wobbles haven't got any worse since the 5th May - I'm convinced they've actually got less frequent and with the weight he has put back on I believe they're to a degree not as bad. Pretty certain it's neurological damage from a 3-4 minute fit as opposed to a disease or illness. Asked the vet for any physiotherapy exercises we can give him in the hope it aids it a bit more. Fingers crossed it doesn't get any worse too! Thank you!

Yes I can relate to that. My little one had a seizure, and then some 'troubles' afterwards ...

Definitely fingers crossed

Hey dudes,

So ordered in some Green Oat Hay out of curiosity, he is absolutely devouring it. Loves it! So much so, he is going for it over a teaspoon of nuggets in his bowl. It's also increased his poop size slightly and this morning they were more golden than dark. He gave me a scare this morning as I thought he had gas, but turns out he was just using the loo to pass bigger poops! After that he was racing about the house going up stairs and storming from room to room. Just need to monitor to make sure the new hay doesn't give him gas but so far so good. I've mixed it with timothy and he's eating more of that too. He's only now 0.03kg behind his weight pre seizure.. Have a good week all and check in soon.

Rich