Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bunny pooping/peeing question

Default Bunny pooping/peeing question

Hello.

I'm still trying to help my poor Pip and thought perhaps you could help with a toilet question....

So when Pip gets her strange gas episodes every 4-6 weeks it always starts with us noticing her lying down oddly or she will be on the toilet and she starts to stretch forward like she's uncomfortable and then lie down.

It says online it's very rare for bunnies to strain when pooping but this is what it looks like. I guess it could be gas passing?

I don't think it's when she's peeing because if she had bladder sludge or stones surely it would be everytime she pee'd? Also he pee isn't sludgy.

But I honestly don't know. She just did her strange toilet stretch, but she is eating and seems to be OK. There was a stringy poop and a double poop in the tray afterwards?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mervinius View Post
    Hello.

I'm still trying to help my poor Pip and thought perhaps you could help with a toilet question....

So when Pip gets her strange gas episodes every 4-6 weeks it always starts with us noticing her lying down oddly or she will be on the toilet and she starts to stretch forward like she's uncomfortable and then lie down.

It says online it's very rare for bunnies to strain when pooping but this is what it looks like. I guess it could be gas passing?

I don't think it's when she's peeing because if she had bladder sludge or stones surely it would be everytime she pee'd? Also he pee isn't sludgy.

But I honestly don't know. She just did her strange toilet stretch, but she is eating and seems to be OK. There was a stringy poop and a double poop in the tray afterwards?

The stretching and lying down sounds like passing gas to me.

You're very observant and know her habits well

Hi Mighty Max.

Thanks this is what I'm thinking. Just need to work out if it's definitely the fur giving her gas. I think this is the case as it's always after she's eaten alot of fur. Then hope the panacur has stopped the fur pulling.

If not its back to square one!

Hi Mighty Max.

Thanks this is what I'm thinking. Just need to work out if it's definitely the fur giving her gas. I think this is the case as it's always after she's eaten alot of fur. Then hope the panacur has stopped the fur pulling.

If not its back to square one!

You really try so hard with Pip! I think you honestly deserve a medal

Wise Old Thumper

Hello.

Are Pip's poos ever an odd shape, oval rather than round and/or very large ? You can post some poo pics if you like !

For up-to-date information about RHD2
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1744958082388756/

To view reported cases of RHD2 and Vets reported to stock the RHD2 Vaccine

http://rhd2map.buntools.org.uk/

Wise Old Thumper

double post !

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Are Pip's poos ever an odd shape, oval rather than round and/or very large ? You can post some poo pics if you like !
    Hi jacks jane.

No they are always big round and golden. Other than the odd double poop which she gets after eating all her fur. I'll take a picture in a mo for you

Here's the poops. This is from both of them though. They do look at me oddly when I keep checking out their poop tray.

Here's the poops. This is from both of them though. They do look at me oddly when I keep checking out their poop tray.

Yum. Golden Boulders

Wise Old Thumper

Very photogenic poos

Did the 'episodes' happen prior to her being spayed (assuming she has been spayed) ?