Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Bunny pooping/peeing question

  1. #1
    Warren Scout Mervinius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    398

    Default Bunny pooping/peeing question

    Hello.

    I'm still trying to help my poor Pip and thought perhaps you could help with a toilet question....

    So when Pip gets her strange gas episodes every 4-6 weeks it always starts with us noticing her lying down oddly or she will be on the toilet and she starts to stretch forward like she's uncomfortable and then lie down.

    It says online it's very rare for bunnies to strain when pooping but this is what it looks like. I guess it could be gas passing?

    I don't think it's when she's peeing because if she had bladder sludge or stones surely it would be everytime she pee'd? Also he pee isn't sludgy.

    But I honestly don't know. She just did her strange toilet stretch, but she is eating and seems to be OK. There was a stringy poop and a double poop in the tray afterwards?



    Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    31,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mervinius View Post
    Hello.

    I'm still trying to help my poor Pip and thought perhaps you could help with a toilet question....

    So when Pip gets her strange gas episodes every 4-6 weeks it always starts with us noticing her lying down oddly or she will be on the toilet and she starts to stretch forward like she's uncomfortable and then lie down.

    It says online it's very rare for bunnies to strain when pooping but this is what it looks like. I guess it could be gas passing?

    I don't think it's when she's peeing because if she had bladder sludge or stones surely it would be everytime she pee'd? Also he pee isn't sludgy.

    But I honestly don't know. She just did her strange toilet stretch, but she is eating and seems to be OK. There was a stringy poop and a double poop in the tray afterwards?



    Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

    The stretching and lying down sounds like passing gas to me.

    You're very observant and know her habits well

  3. #3
    Warren Scout Mervinius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Hi Mighty Max.

    Thanks this is what I'm thinking. Just need to work out if it's definitely the fur giving her gas. I think this is the case as it's always after she's eaten alot of fur. Then hope the panacur has stopped the fur pulling.

    If not its back to square one!

    Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    31,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mervinius View Post
    Hi Mighty Max.

    Thanks this is what I'm thinking. Just need to work out if it's definitely the fur giving her gas. I think this is the case as it's always after she's eaten alot of fur. Then hope the panacur has stopped the fur pulling.

    If not its back to square one!

    Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

    You really try so hard with Pip! I think you honestly deserve a medal

  5. #5
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    129,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mervinius View Post
    Hello.

    I'm still trying to help my poor Pip and thought perhaps you could help with a toilet question....

    So when Pip gets her strange gas episodes every 4-6 weeks it always starts with us noticing her lying down oddly or she will be on the toilet and she starts to stretch forward like she's uncomfortable and then lie down.

    It says online it's very rare for bunnies to strain when pooping but this is what it looks like. I guess it could be gas passing?

    I don't think it's when she's peeing because if she had bladder sludge or stones surely it would be everytime she pee'd? Also he pee isn't sludgy.

    But I honestly don't know. She just did her strange toilet stretch, but she is eating and seems to be OK. There was a stringy poop and a double poop in the tray afterwards?



    Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
    Are Pip's poos ever an odd shape, oval rather than round and/or very large ? You can post some poo pics if you like !

    For up-to-date information about RHD2
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1744958082388756/

    To view reported cases of RHD2 and Vets reported to stock the RHD2 Vaccine

    http://rhd2map.buntools.org.uk/

  6. #6
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    129,414

    Default

    double post !

    For up-to-date information about RHD2
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1744958082388756/

    To view reported cases of RHD2 and Vets reported to stock the RHD2 Vaccine

    http://rhd2map.buntools.org.uk/

  7. #7
    Warren Scout Mervinius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Are Pip's poos ever an odd shape, oval rather than round and/or very large ? You can post some poo pics if you like !
    Hi jacks jane.

    No they are always big round and golden. Other than the odd double poop which she gets after eating all her fur. I'll take a picture in a mo for you

    Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Warren Scout Mervinius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Here's the poops. This is from both of them though. They do look at me oddly when I keep checking out their poop tray.

    Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    31,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mervinius View Post
    Here's the poops. This is from both of them though. They do look at me oddly when I keep checking out their poop tray.

    Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

    Yum. Golden Boulders

  10. #10
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    129,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mervinius View Post
    Here's the poops. This is from both of them though. They do look at me oddly when I keep checking out their poop tray.

    Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
    Very photogenic poos

    Did the 'episodes' happen prior to her being spayed (assuming she has been spayed) ?

    For up-to-date information about RHD2
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1744958082388756/

    To view reported cases of RHD2 and Vets reported to stock the RHD2 Vaccine

    http://rhd2map.buntools.org.uk/

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •