• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Persephone on the verge of stasis

Well, they are back outside now and both are much happier for it. Before I closed my curtains for the night, Morph was looking over his run, and P was, naturally, in the hay rack and having her fill. :love:

On Sunday P has a post-op check up at the vets. Luckily for me, they just posted on FB that the vet who carried out the dental is the one who is on duty for the weekend. I hope I can get a good update on P's mouth, exactly where the problems lie, and what could happen in the future. Also luckily for me, it takes a lot for P to go off her food so fingers crossed she won't need a dental for a long while.

Just gotta hope her insurance pays out now. I paid the excess already though.

...oh and she definitely doesn't get away with avoiding her rhd1/myxi booster. That's due quite soon too. Need to ask the vet when best to do it as she is still only just post-op...

Glad she's doing ok. I sometimes draw a tiny bit of ribena up into the syringe with the Baytril as they like the sweetness and so take it better. Well, for Parsley anyway, Bramble's a good girl and just takes it rather than doing the dribble out of the side of the mouth technique...

Thanks for the advice. :thumb: I'm fairly good at bunny wrangling for meds now (should be with 11 keeping me on my toes!) and P's a fairly good girl. She's a small lass so it's only a small dose. Generally, I can get it down her in one go. This morning she did get sniffy about the metacam afterwards though!

Well, they are back outside now and both are much happier for it. Before I closed my curtains for the night, Morph was looking over his run, and P was, naturally, in the hay rack and having her fill. :love:

On Sunday P has a post-op check up at the vets. Luckily for me, they just posted on FB that the vet who carried out the dental is the one who is on duty for the weekend. I hope I can get a good update on P's mouth, exactly where the problems lie, and what could happen in the future. Also luckily for me, it takes a lot for P to go off her food so fingers crossed she won't need a dental for a long while.

Just gotta hope her insurance pays out now. I paid the excess already though.

...oh and she definitely doesn't get away with avoiding her rhd1/myxi booster. That's due quite soon too. Need to ask the vet when best to do it as she is still only just post-op...

Good luck for P's post op check today :wave:

Good luck for P's post op check today :wave:

Post-op check went fine. :thumb: She just had some major spurs which have all been ground back and her front teeth slightly realigned as a consequence of losing the spurs. Vet is hoping that'll mean she grinds her teeth as usual so spurs don't develop again. But, we'll see. She's perfectly happy in herself now. Also did her myxi/rhd1 so they hopefully don't have to travel again for 3 months. :)

Thank you, MM. :)

Last edited:
Post-op check went fine. :thumb: She just had some major spurs which have all been ground back and her front teeth slightly realigned as a consequence of losing the spurs. Vet is hoping that'll mean she grinds her teeth as usual so spurs don't develop again. But, we'll see. She's perfectly happy in herself now. Also did her myxi/rhd1 so they hopefully don't have to travel again for 3 months. :)

Glad to hear all was fine :)

Hope things are quiet on the bunny front for a few months then tlc :D

Thats great x

Back